nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Hey all
I wanted to update on Jameson. Monday morning Jameson was sleeping on our bed and I heard him get up to come eat. He has been sleeping through breakfast and eventually will get up and come eat. I heard a thump and I figured he jumped the remainder of the steps to get down. He didnā€™t come out and our dog Nash was going in and out of the bedroom. So I went to see where he was...he gets lazy sometimes and just goes back to sleep. I found him on the floor having a seizure aspirating...foam pouring out of his mouth. I grabbed a blanket and wiped his mouth and that brought him out of it. We got him in the car and i took him to vet. They drew blood and checked him. He was ver y Agitated and aggressive. He has never been nasty in his life. They said his gums were pink and he was breathing good minus panting and his lungs and heart were good. They did not want to upset him with an X-ray nor did they want to sedate him. They sent him home with antibiotics to wait for bloodwork, hoping it was a tick illness. His bloodwork is normal. Yesterday he acted like his old self. Much clearer, relaxed, no panting or pacing. They said short of doing an mri of his brain to see what the issue is itā€™s a wait and see to see if he has another seizure. Iā€™m not willing to put him out for an mri. He is just shy of 10 and that is to much for him to handle. I noticed today that he seems off. I think it is a brain thing, whether it is a tumor or what. He walks with a hitch. He stares off in space a lot and i keep finding him sitting in the bathroom. Iā€™m not going to do drastic measures for him. I just want him to be comfy for whatever time I have left with him. The guy has lived a really good cushy life...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks for the update and you sound right on in your decisions.... imho ;) Its tough times we all have to face and do what each feels we need to do for our loved ones. Knowing how you've loved him, im sure all decisions made will be right.. Sending prayers for peace for what ever you are facing..

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with your thinking. At his age, it is not fair to put him through test,mri's, and all forms of torture. I have had two dogs who had seizures,but at a young age. If he starts having more seizures, the Dr. could prescribe med.s for him. Perhaps starting out with low doses. I am sorry that you and he have to go through this.I know you will give him lots of love, and reassurance. Prayers for you and Jameson. [MENTION=2659]nyerathrt[/MENTION]

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Hey all
I wanted to update on Jameson. Monday morning Jameson was sleeping on our bed and I heard him get up to come eat. He has been sleeping through breakfast and eventually will get up and come eat. I heard a thump and I figured he jumped the remainder of the steps to get down. He didnā€™t come out and our dog Nash was going in and out of the bedroom. So I went to see where he was...he gets lazy sometimes and just goes back to sleep. I found him on the floor having a seizure aspirating...foam pouring out of his mouth. I grabbed a blanket and wiped his mouth and that brought him out of it. We got him in the car and i took him to vet. They drew blood and checked him. He was ver y Agitated and aggressive. He has never been nasty in his life. They said his gums were pink and he was breathing good minus panting and his lungs and heart were good. They did not want to upset him with an X-ray nor did they want to sedate him. They sent him home with antibiotics to wait for bloodwork, hoping it was a tick illness. His bloodwork is normal. Yesterday he acted like his old self. Much clearer, relaxed, no panting or pacing. They said short of doing an mri of his brain to see what the issue is itā€™s a wait and see to see if he has another seizure. Iā€™m not willing to put him out for an mri. He is just shy of 10 and that is to much for him to handle. I noticed today that he seems off. I think it is a brain thing, whether it is a tumor or what. He walks with a hitch. He stares off in space a lot and i keep finding him sitting in the bathroom. Iā€™m not going to do drastic measures for him. I just want him to be comfy for whatever time I have left with him. The guy has lived a really good cushy life...

Sending positive healing thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey all

Sending TONS of hugs, prayers and positive thoughts for you sweet boy .... he has had a great life with you and is a wonderful buddy. Give him a big hug from me. And, please keep us posted.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I agree with your thinking. At his age, it is not fair to put him through test,mri's, and all forms of torture. I have had two dogs who had seizures,but at a young age. If he starts having more seizures, the Dr. could prescribe med.s for him. Perhaps starting out with low doses. I am sorry that you and he have to go through this.I know you will give him lots of love, and reassurance. Prayers for you and Jameson. [MENTION=2659]nyerathrt[/MENTION]

I agree,if he gets more than 1 seizure a month, or another prolonged seizure, I would start him on meds ( and he would stay on them for life ) . Hope he doesn't need though !

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Yeah, what you describe seems like something is going in his brain. This staring into nowhere can be another type of seizures- they call them petite mal, without muscles contractions, just freezes for some time. Poor Jameson!

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
He had another seizure this morning. I actually watched it start and we were able to hold him to make sure he didnā€™t injure himself. I took him to the vet and they gave me 2 doses of something to spray in his nose if he has another that will help stop them. They also gave him an injection to calm his brain down. We talked about options and she suggested two meds that will hopefully help 1 with the seizures and 2 with the brain. She is pretty positive it is a tumor from all the signs he is showing. He wandered into our garage and under the Jeep yesterday and couldntā€™ find his way out. He gets stuck between the wall and toilet. He walks into the bathroom and stares at the wall. She saw him staring at the wall and said he is putting his forehead on the wall which is the dog version of trying to get rid of a headache. She said the goal is get the swelling in his head down. It may work and it may not. But without doing and mri and seeing what is going on this is the next step. I just canā€™t put him through that. He is just shy of 10 and I feel like right now itā€™s making him comfy. He doesnā€™t even wag his tail anymore . If this doesnā€™t work then we will discuss letting him go. I just am not ready today to make that decisions.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2659]nyerathrt[/MENTION] Poor fella'. Sending prayer for you both. We do not want our "kids" to suffer, but we suffer when we have to decide. I know you will make the decision that is best for Jameson, as you will know when it is time to let him go. It is out of love that we do it. You look in their eyes and you know if it's time. Praying for you both.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Breaks my heart for what your going through. I'm so sorry.. Peace dear, I wish you peace.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He had another seizure this morning. I actually watched it start and we were able to hold him to make sure he didnā€™t injure himself. I took him to the vet and they gave me 2 doses of something to spray in his nose if he has another that will help stop them. They also gave him an injection to calm his brain down. We talked about options and she suggested two meds that will hopefully help 1 with the seizures and 2 with the brain. She is pretty positive it is a tumor from all the signs he is showing. He wandered into our garage and under the Jeep yesterday and couldntā€™ find his way out. He gets stuck between the wall and toilet. He walks into the bathroom and stares at the wall. She saw him staring at the wall and said he is putting his forehead on the wall which is the dog version of trying to get rid of a headache. She said the goal is get the swelling in his head down. It may work and it may not. But without doing and mri and seeing what is going on this is the next step. I just canā€™t put him through that. He is just shy of 10 and I feel like right now itā€™s making him comfy. He doesnā€™t even wag his tail anymore . If this doesnā€™t work then we will discuss letting him go. I just am not ready today to make that decisions.

Sending lots of love and prayers to you and your sweet boy.... you know your boy better than anyone and know what is best and when the time comes.... never ever easy decision but we are here to support you in anyway we can [emoji20][emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Sending prayers for Jameson. Big hug from Castor.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Itā€™s time. I am going to call the vet first thing when they open at 8. It has been a horrible night. He walked
into our room about 30 minutes ago and started panting heavily. I thought he had laid down and was sleeping but now i think he was having a small seizure. His legs stopped working and he
couldnt get up. He just was pushing himself in circles. That is another sign of a tumor. He is in so mush distress right now. I iust canā€™t watch him like this anymore.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry!! How awful! I will be praying for Jamison!!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
When the time like this comes, the worst thing for us, may be the best thing for our beloveds. You will know what is the kindest decision. Praying for your strength now.:pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.