He’s No Daphne But...

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Ollie is a lovely dog. Daphne was constant motion, perkiness and bubbly silliness. She was affectionate and funny. I miss her every day.
Ollie is calm. He is loving and oh so gentle. He’s smart and eager to learn. He sleeps a lot more than Daphne did. Right now at 15 weeks, he’s the same physical size that Daphne was when she died at a year. She weighed 40lbs and he weighs 25lbs. He has huge feet, a very broad chest and a small narrowing waist. Daphne was Square, like a concrete block.

She was Daphne and he is Ollie. Daphne is gone, she’s not coming back. That’s all there is to that story. It’s like when you are pregnant with your second baby and you think, “How can I ever love this new child as much as I love the one I already have?” But you do. It just happens as soon as you see them. I love Ollie and all his sweetness and light. It just happened.
25d8f2dbbe7d11be98f1535e61ae4eac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ollie is a lovely dog. Daphne was constant motion, perkiness and bubbly silliness. She was affectionate and funny. I miss her every day.
Ollie is calm. He is loving and oh so gentle. He’s smart and eager to learn. He sleeps a lot more than Daphne did. Right now at 15 weeks, he’s the same physical size that Daphne was when she died at a year. She weighed 40lbs and he weighs 25lbs. He has huge feet, a very broad chest and a small narrowing waist. Daphne was Square, like a concrete block.

She was Daphne and he is Ollie. Daphne is gone, she’s not coming back. That’s all there is to that story. It’s like when you are pregnant with your second baby and you think, “How can I ever love this new child as much as I love the one I already have?” But you do. It just happens as soon as you see them. I love Ollie and all his sweetness and light. It just happened.

Awwwwwa....you're right! You'll have 10 kids and love each of them differently. Each have their little characters. But do have to admit, Ollie's eyes reminds me of Daphne's. She'll always be miss...so yes time to move on with King Ollie! He's such a cutie pie.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
It's so hard to loose a fur baby, I have been through it many times. When we lost Zeus our whole family including Tia went into a great depression, the house was so sad without him there. Zeus would always be sitting on the arm of the couch looking out the window with his big white head when we got home (I think he knew our schedule) and then he would jump down and race us to the door and that white head would be at the door window before we got out of the car. After he passed I hated driving home and realizing that white head wasn't there.

Then we got Nico and he wasn't a replacement he was a distraction. He made us smile again. Of course Nico quickly became one of the family and now we can't imagine life without him. Even though it's hard, it is still worth it to love again. So remember Daphne was not replaced, you just needed a distraction from your grief... and as your seeing with Ollie you have enough room in your heart to love again. Who couldn't love that beautiful puppy...I love watching the puppies on this site grow up.

IMG_0412.jpg

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Awwwwwa....you're right! You'll have 10 kids and love each of them differently. Each have their little characters. But do have to admit, Ollie's eyes reminds me of Daphne's. She'll always be miss...so yes time to move on with King Ollie! He's such a cutie pie.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

There are times he looks like Daphne. And, yes, it’s the eyes. He and Daphne have a grandfather in common.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

Thats beautiful,, he’s beautiful :) and what a loving soul he is,, deserving of all the love ya got to give. Im so happy for you ❤️ all ❤️

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ollie does have Daphne's eyes. That is the first thing I noticed when first you posted him. He has the most loving look in that photo. I have lost many,many dogs(and other animals) over the years,always having several at a time.I loved each one for who THEY were. I still think of the first dog Mike and I got when first married-she was our first child, and we loved her so.
Each one is loved for their own selves, but I think there is one extra-special one whose bond never goes away,just becomes a sad/happy memory. Your love for Ollie will grow, but never take Daphne's place in your heart-just make his own spot.:heart::havemyheart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well stated. (((hugs)))

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.