Thread: Hes No Daphne But...

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Default Hes No Daphne But...

Ollie is a lovely dog. Daphne was constant motion, perkiness and bubbly silliness. She was affectionate and funny. I miss her every day.
    Ollie is calm. He is loving and oh so gentle. Hes smart and eager to learn. He sleeps a lot more than Daphne did. Right now at 15 weeks, hes the same physical size that Daphne was when she died at a year. She weighed 40lbs and he weighs 25lbs. He has huge feet, a very broad chest and a small narrowing waist. Daphne was Square, like a concrete block.

She was Daphne and he is Ollie. Daphne is gone, shes not coming back. Thats all there is to that story. Its like when you are pregnant with your second baby and you think, How can I ever love this new child as much as I love the one I already have? But you do. It just happens as soon as you see them. I love Ollie and all his sweetness and light. It just happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hes No Daphne But...

Quote Originally Posted by KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG View Post
    Ollie is a lovely dog. Daphne was constant motion, perkiness and bubbly silliness. She was affectionate and funny. I miss her every day.
    Ollie is calm. He is loving and oh so gentle. Hes smart and eager to learn. He sleeps a lot more than Daphne did. Right now at 15 weeks, hes the same physical size that Daphne was when she died at a year. She weighed 40lbs and he weighs 25lbs. He has huge feet, a very broad chest and a small narrowing waist. Daphne was Square, like a concrete block.

She was Daphne and he is Ollie. Daphne is gone, shes not coming back. Thats all there is to that story. Its like when you are pregnant with your second baby and you think, How can I ever love this new child as much as I love the one I already have? But you do. It just happens as soon as you see them. I love Ollie and all his sweetness and light. It just happened.

Awwwwwa....you're right! You'll have 10 kids and love each of them differently. Each have their little characters. But do have to admit, Ollie's eyes reminds me of Daphne's. She'll always be miss...so yes time to move on with King Ollie! He's such a cutie pie.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
    Likes (Received)

It's so hard to loose a fur baby, I have been through it many times. When we lost Zeus our whole family including Tia went into a great depression, the house was so sad without him there. Zeus would always be sitting on the arm of the couch looking out the window with his big white head when we got home (I think he knew our schedule) and then he would jump down and race us to the door and that white head would be at the door window before we got out of the car. After he passed I hated driving home and realizing that white head wasn't there.

Then we got Nico and he wasn't a replacement he was a distraction. He made us smile again. Of course Nico quickly became one of the family and now we can't imagine life without him. Even though it's hard, it is still worth it to love again. So remember Daphne was not replaced, you just needed a distraction from your grief... and as your seeing with Ollie you have enough room in your heart to love again. Who couldn't love that beautiful puppy...I love watching the puppies on this site grow up.

-img_0412-jpg

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Is that Nico? Hes lovely.

5. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Awwwwwa....you're right! You'll have 10 kids and love each of them differently. Each have their little characters. But do have to admit, Ollie's eyes reminds me of Daphne's. She'll always be miss...so yes time to move on with King Ollie! He's such a cutie pie.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    There are times he looks like Daphne. And, yes, its the eyes. He and Daphne have a grandfather in common.

7. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Ollie is calm. He is loving and oh so gentle. He’s smart and eager to learn. He sleeps a lot more than Daphne did. Right now at 15 weeks, he’s the same physical size that Daphne was when she died at a year. She weighed 40lbs and he weighs 25lbs. He has huge feet, a very broad chest and a small narrowing waist. Daphne was Square, like a concrete block.

She was Daphne and he is Ollie. Daphne is gone, she’s not coming back. That’s all there is to that story. It’s like when you are pregnant with your second baby and you think, “How can I ever love this new child as much as I love the one I already have?” But you do. It just happens as soon as you see them. I love Ollie and all his sweetness and light. It just happened.

Thats beautiful,, he’s beautiful and what a loving soul he is,, deserving of all the love ya got to give. Im so happy for you ❤️ all ❤️

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hceril's Avatar
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

He is just adorable!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Ollie does have Daphne's eyes. That is the first thing I noticed when first you posted him. He has the most loving look in that photo. I have lost many,many dogs(and other animals) over the years,always having several at a time.I loved each one for who THEY were. I still think of the first dog Mike and I got when first married-she was our first child, and we loved her so.
    Each one is loved for their own selves, but I think there is one extra-special one whose bond never goes away,just becomes a sad/happy memory. Your love for Ollie will grow, but never take Daphne's place in your heart-just make his own spot.
    "
    It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

11. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

There are times he looks like Daphne. And, yes, it’s the eyes. He and Daphne have a grandfather in common.

Ahhhhhh that explains it. Nice!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Well stated. (((hugs)))

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads