NEED dog booties.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes never thought I would need dog booties in my lifetime of owning dogs. Duke is a Kunkle Dragger and why he wont walk far like Nyala. He wants to as he's full of energy so he still will follow but he ends up hurting the sides of his front paws only. Any of you members have booties that your dogs like to wear? I know pfffffft. Basically im looking for booting that are comfortable and he wont walk like a robot. THANKS! !!!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Check out AliExpress -

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20171031174533&SearchText=dogs+shoes+outdoor

dont be discouraged with robot walking in the beginning, he will walk like robot, because he canā€™t feel his feet, no proprioceptive signals from paws. If youā€™ll be consistent with training he soon will be able to run freely in shoes. And pictures, pictures of His Duke Adorabullity in booties:pray:

Lol I'll see what he can wear as this is Duke. He'll probably rip them off. Was talking to the breeder she suggested vet wraps. It's basically a sticky gauze. He needs to walk just don't want him to bleed n get hurt. Thanks for the link will check it out for sure!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Be careful if using booties in the heat. We had a member's bully almost die from heat stroke due to wearing booties in Las Vegas. The booties were placed on to keep the bullies paw pads from burning up on the pavement.

From Pet MD: Dogs donā€™t sweat the way we do. In fact, their cooling system is built-in. All dogs sweat through the pads on their paws (so watch out for little wet footprints on hot summer days). They also dispense heat (cool down) by panting. So don't worry if your dog is panting on a hot day, he's just turning on his internal air-conditioner. But please be vigilant that your dog doesn't suffer from heat stroke.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Be careful if using booties in the heat. We had a member's bully almost die from heat stroke due to wearing booties in Las Vegas. The booties were placed on to keep the bullies paw pads from burning up on the pavement.

From Pet MD: Dogs donā€™t sweat the way we do. In fact, their cooling system is built-in. All dogs sweat through the pads on their paws (so watch out for little wet footprints on hot summer days). They also dispense heat (cool down) by panting. So don't worry if your dog is panting on a hot day, he's just turning on his internal air-conditioner. But please be vigilant that your dog doesn't suffer from heat stroke.
Don't worry I'm looking more for something like rawhide so the paws can breathe or get vet wrap. I was thinking a lot about it last night and all you see is just closed in rubber or plastic booties. Not good imo. Like you said paws needs to sweat. I basically dont need to close in the whole paws just tape a thinner length that wraps around that knuckle that drags. Most of the paws will be exposed plus I put a natural beeswax mix with oils only on them dry icy days. He doesnt need booties for the back paws. Gets very cold here so the walks are limited and not as long.

Great post my dear...as a lot wont think about what you just mentioned!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have exactly the same issue with Lambeau... drags his paws and can't walk him because of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I have exactly the same issue with Lambeau... drags his paws and can't walk him because of it
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go figure, I have 2 overactive Bullies and 1 cant walk far. Im going to fix this and he'll be walking. I dont give up easily.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

WoW!!! i for one would never have thought of this!!! thank you for taking the time to explain! And best to ya [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION].. It'll be interesting to see what ya come up with! .

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
WoW!!! i for one would never have thought of this!!! thank you for taking the time to explain! And best to ya [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION].. It'll be interesting to see what ya come up with! .

I think im going to start with the vet wrap. I will see how that goes. As mentioned i dont need to cover the whole paw. Living in Canada with all this cold, snow, ice, salt,, heat we should know this rule [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] posted. A lot just dont and it's very important everyone does.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hurtta has something called Outback boots that look quite comfortable.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.