Adopting another Bully, some advice please.

OP
D

Deanna P

Aug 11, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mama Mia
Jewel and Bentley are fed at the same time. As with [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] , Jewel and Bentley each have their spot in the kitchen to eat. Jewel is fed one food...Bentley another. If Jewel leaves some food in her bowl, Bentley will help himself unless we pick up the bowls after they eat and vice-versa.

Thanks Roger I 'm going to try feeding them at the same time but separately for right now.

OP
D

Deanna P

Aug 11, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mama Mia
I have two and feed them one at a time.... Cheli eats first while Lambeau waits his turn. Cheli would eat all food if I did not do this so it works well and they boys know when it is their turn to eat as they do no move to the bowl until called.

With our previous two... we feed them in their crates due to Banks being overly dominate.

Take them on walks together so they pack up and know they are now a family ... it will help them adjust quicker.

Thank you for giving him a new loving home... best of luck

Thanks 2Bullymama I'm hoping I can handle walking them both at the same time.

Anything is possible right?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks 2Bullymama I'm hoping I can handle walking them both at the same time.

Anything is possible right?

God luck... short walks are fine, just helps them know they are a 'pack'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
My two are fed at the same time but in separate areas. One in the kitchen, the other in the utility room. They are only about 6 ft apart though and can see each other, it's more the appearance of separation than anything. My doxie has tried to help himself to Monty's food a couple of times and was quickly put in his place by the big boy! He learned his lesson and doesn't attempt it anymore. I too had a very food-aggressive dog before and I never want to go through that again. She was an only dog too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.