Looking for bully sweater patterns to knit

Piratebully

Oct 25, 2017
New Mexico, for the moment.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Gunner loves wearing a sweater, especially on that first outing of the morning. I am usually a sock knitter but would like to try my hand at a classy sweater for him. If anyone knows of an online site I would be very grateful.:D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hhmmm... there was one, but can't remember-- will try to dig it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
squee! you must post if you make one, i love bulldogs in sweaters

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Gunner loves wearing a sweater, especially on that first outing of the morning. I am usually a sock knitter but would like to try my hand at a classy sweater for him. If anyone knows of an online site I would be very grateful.:D

I crochet and started one I haven't finished yet. I looked on YouTube!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not sure if they are still valid, but I found the old post...

I don't know how to knit but I do dabble in crochet. I was thinking of making this: Cheerleader Dog Crochet Pattern | Red Heart for Halloween but my husband hates it. I also planned to make this for Christmas: Crocheted Christmas Dog Sweater Pattern. I'm thinking it's probably easy to change the colors so it doesn't look too Christmassy and I can make a non-Christmas look with the same pattern.

Here are knitting ones but I wouldn't know if these are any good:
Dog Sweater to Knit for Autumn or Halloween
Knit Dog Sweater Pattern for Basic Two Color Sweater | Suite101.com
Bernat: Pattern Detail - KW - Hoodie Dog Coat (knit) (this one has a hoodie, kinda cute!)
Mia & Maddie Designs: Freebie: "Leaf Dog Sweater"
knitty.com

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
IMG_8879.JPG
Finally finished it! It had been so warm the last week I couldn't get going on it. 32 degrees here this morning! That's what it took. Lol
IMG_8878.JPGIMG_8882.JPG
It was my first dog sweater! I'll make some minor changes for a better fit on the next one.

OP
P

Piratebully

Oct 25, 2017
New Mexico, for the moment.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Love the sweater! I found a few patterns online but will have to modify them a bit before they will work for Gunner. The one I am going to try first is a tuxedo sweater (yep, tuxedo) and I will post a picture with him in it when I finish it. Of course, there is a pirate sweater...hmmm.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] Looks great! Are there any buttons or is it a slipover model?

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] Looks great! Are there any buttons or is it a slipover model?

Slip over.

Love the sweater! I found a few patterns online but will have to modify them a bit before they will work for Gunner. The one I am going to try first is a tuxedo sweater (yep, tuxedo) and I will post a picture with him in it when I finish it. Of course, there is a pirate sweater...hmmm.

I had to modify for my little chunky girl too. I am making another one that fits a little better. Not quite done yet. I will post a picture when it is finished. She knows now not to come by me when I tried to try it on her. lol.... she thinks it's a game.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fantastic! She's a real cutie in her new sweater. What type of yarn did you use?

Got the I Love this Yarn brand in coral color
It's still not the way I want it, I will perfect it before I use the good stuff LOL

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Looks like the start of an ETSY business for you! Hard to find things for EBD's. Love it! Bet you'd sell alot.

Lol..... that would be nice but they are all different sizes. I couldn't do it without trying it on a million times. Lol
I added some frill to the coral one. I'll post a picture tomorrow!
It's 75 degrees AGIAN right now!
IMG_8903.JPG

Most Reactions