KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
THREE DAYS OF OLLIE

I had my reservations about Ollie. Heā€™s a boy. Heā€™s big with feet like catcherā€™s mitts. He was very shy and maybe very poorly socialized. He wasnā€™t perky, bubbly, funny Daphne. I actually felt sorry for him. He was like a lump.

Day 1. Wednesday

He really did nothing but sit and look at us. He didnā€™t get up much or walk around. We just talked to him and let him absorb us. The breeder was here for a couple of hours. She didnā€™t interact with him and he didnā€™t seem to notice her or know her as someone he cared about. She left and I fit him into one of Daphneā€™s early harnesses. He neither resisted nor participated. We set Daphneā€™s big crate up in the master bedroom. I fed him in the crate around 5PM. He has a bulldog appetite and inhaled the dry kibble. I took him out back and
Within 7 to 10 minutes, he pooped big time and peed. To come back in I shoved him through the doggie door. He went out again every hour until 9PM. He slept very quietly, no snoring, no heavy breathing. He woke me up at 3:30AM with some little peeping sounds. I took him out to pee. He reward me with another poop. I was wide awakeHe went back to sleep.

Day 2. Thursday

This was a school day for Ollie. We ran up to the pet store to make an appointment to get his nails clipped. Evidently theyā€™ve never been done and are very thin and sharp with little fish hooks on the end. Our groomer (who has bullies) told us to bring him in anytime on Friday. While there we picked up a tub of dessicated liver treats. Wow $30!

I basically got Ollie for my daughter (married and they live with us). She was so so devastated by the death of Daphne. There has never been a child or dog who hasnā€™t immediately fallen in love with daughter. DD gave Ollie a good cleaning with witch hazel wipes. His poor little Peter Pan (boy thingie...ewwww) when pulled back was filthy, lots of black grime. He just laid there and let himself be cleaned. His pink tummy had lots of bites, probably ants. It took 6 wipes to get his ears cleaned. His nose rope needed a good cleaning. And best of all no tail pocket...yea Ollie!!! We cleaned his bullseye anyway for good measure.
Then, he did his whole rolling in the grass thing and just barking out loud for the pure joy of it.

All day long DD worked on sit with the liver treats. Itā€™s unbelievable but he now sits on command. I swear this is true. DD and SIL worked on in and out the doggie door. Ollie will go out for a treat, but there is no way yet heā€™d come back in. They also tried a leash since he will come if thereā€™s a liver treat reward. I donā€™t think heā€™s ever seen a leash. NO WAY JOSEā€™ was he having any part of that. He laid down flat and wouldnā€™t budge. Heā€™d had enough for the day and had mastered COME and SIT which in and of itself is amazing. Tomorrow would be another day. On this Day2 I think he decided he loved us and we loved him and life here was good. He was much less shy. He ate at five. Peed and pooped within 10 minutes. He went to sleep at 9PM and didnā€™t move a muscle or make a sound until 4:23AM so I gained an hour.

DAY 3. Friday

My husband and I were in charge. Ollie ate breakfast early. Immediately after went out and pooā€™d and peed. Heā€™s like clockwork. I kept reinforcing SIT and COME. We had to take him up to pet shop for nail trimming. Once again he wouldnā€™t even consider leash walking, liver treats be damned. My poor 80 year old husband had to carry the big lump of dead weight to the tailgate of the car. Just like Daphne, he never made a sound back there and was in fact asleep when we got there. I had to run and steal a grocery cart from Publix, dump him in it and wheel his fat self into Pets Plus. Of course everybody loved him and ooohed and ahhhhed. He never made a move letting his nails done. We tried walking him out. He splayed himself out. We pulled. He didnā€™t care. Most people laughed. Some lady who had a death wish said in a very nasaly sing song voice, ā€œIf you do that, heā€™ll never learn to walk.ā€ I wanted to slap the snot out of her and say, ā€œNo S**tā€ but husband who knows me well sweetly said in his posh English accent, ā€œDarling please skip ahead and open the tailgate while I get Ollie in the cart.ā€ He has saved me from arrest many times.

The rest of the day was easy going. DD and SIL got home around 4PM and took over. Weā€™re at a standstill on the leash and doggie door. You can see how happy Ollie is with all the love and attention. He love love loves the lawn and rolls and barks his head off. Same deal for eating and pooping right afterward in the same place every time. He peed twice inside back sliding door. Right church wrong pew as they say. Weā€™re all tile floors here so no big deal. Bed at 9PM. He let me sleep until 5:45AM. Weā€™re getting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d00cb7e1613b459295d275bfc1798b35.jpg

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
THREE DAYS OF OLLIE

I had my reservations about Ollie. Heā€™s a boy. Heā€™s big with feet like catcherā€™s mitts. He was very shy and maybe very poorly socialized. He wasnā€™t perky, bubbly, funny Daphne. I actually felt sorry for him. He was like a lump.

Day 1. Wednesday

He really did nothing but sit and look at us. He didnā€™t get up much or walk around. We just talked to him and let him absorb us. The breeder was here for a couple of hours. She didnā€™t interact with him and he didnā€™t seem to notice her or know her as someone he cared about. She left and I fit him into one of Daphneā€™s early harnesses. He neither resisted nor participated. We set Daphneā€™s big crate up in the master bedroom. I fed him in the crate around 5PM. He has a bulldog appetite and inhaled the dry kibble. I took him out back and
Within 7 to 10 minutes, he pooped big time and peed. To come back in I shoved him through the doggie door. He went out again every hour until 9PM. He slept very quietly, no snoring, no heavy breathing. He woke me up at 3:30AM with some little peeping sounds. I took him out to pee. He reward me with another poop. I was wide awakeHe went back to sleep.

Day 2. Thursday

This was a school day for Ollie. We ran up to the pet store to make an appointment to get his nails clipped. Evidently theyā€™ve never been done and are very thin and sharp with little fish hooks on the end. Our groomer (who has bullies) told us to bring him in anytime on Friday. While there we picked up a tub of dessicated liver treats. Wow $30!

I basically got Ollie for my daughter (married and they live with us). She was so so devastated by the death of Daphne. There has never been a child or dog who hasnā€™t immediately fallen in love with daughter. DD gave Ollie a good cleaning with witch hazel wipes. His poor little Peter Pan (boy thingie...ewwww) when pulled back was filthy, lots of black grime. He just laid there and let himself be cleaned. His pink tummy had lots of bites, probably ants. It took 6 wipes to get his ears cleaned. His nose rope needed a good cleaning. And best of all no tail pocket...yea Ollie!!! We cleaned his bullseye anyway for good measure.
Then, he did his whole rolling in the grass thing and just barking out loud for the pure joy of it.

All day long DD worked on sit with the liver treats. Itā€™s unbelievable but he now sits on command. I swear this is true. DD and SIL worked on in and out the doggie door. Ollie will go out for a treat, but there is no way yet heā€™d come back in. They also tried a leash since he will come if thereā€™s a liver treat reward. I donā€™t think heā€™s ever seen a leash. NO WAY JOSEā€™ was he having any part of that. He laid down flat and wouldnā€™t budge. Heā€™d had enough for the day and had mastered COME and SIT which in and of itself is amazing. Tomorrow would be another day. On this Day2 I think he decided he loved us and we loved him and life here was good. He was much less shy. He ate at five. Peed and pooped within 10 minutes. He went to sleep at 9PM and didnā€™t move a muscle or make a sound until 4:23AM so I gained an hour.

DAY 3. Friday

My husband and I were in charge. Ollie ate breakfast early. Immediately after went out and pooā€™d and peed. Heā€™s like clockwork. I kept reinforcing SIT and COME. We had to take him up to pet shop for nail trimming. Once again he wouldnā€™t even consider leash walking, liver treats be damned. My poor 80 year old husband had to carry the big lump of dead weight to the tailgate of the car. Just like Daphne, he never made a sound back there and was in fact asleep when we got there. I had to run and steal a grocery cart from Publix, dump him in it and wheel his fat self into Pets Plus. Of course everybody loved him and ooohed and ahhhhed. He never made a move letting his nails done. We tried walking him out. He splayed himself out. We pulled. He didnā€™t care. Most people laughed. Some lady who had a death wish said in a very nasaly sing song voice, ā€œIf you do that, heā€™ll never learn to walk.ā€ I wanted to slap the snot out of her and say, ā€œNo S**tā€ but husband who knows me well sweetly said in his posh English accent, ā€œDarling please skip ahead and open the tailgate while I get Ollie in the cart.ā€ He has saved me from arrest many times.

The rest of the day was easy going. DD and SIL got home around 4PM and took over. Weā€™re at a standstill on the leash and doggie door. You can see how happy Ollie is with all the love and attention. He love love loves the lawn and rolls and barks his head off. Same deal for eating and pooping right afterward in the same place every time. He peed twice inside back sliding door. Right church wrong pew as they say. Weā€™re all tile floors here so no big deal. Bed at 9PM. He let me sleep until 5:45AM. Weā€™re getting there.

d00cb7e1613b459295d275bfc1798b35.jpg
Oh, Ollie seems like such a sweet, sweet boy! Heaven sent for sure!!! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji847][emoji847][emoji56][emoji56]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Oh boy that was fun reading :) please keep at it i love it :) and boy, what the flipside of your Daphne. They are each their own little selves and thatā€™s what makes them wonderful. He sounds absolutely great.. though i AM glad hanks a great walker, id love for him to have some of that attitude.. hes a royal PAIN most of the days doing his cleanups.. so thank your lucky stars for that.. i think hes going to grow up to a wonderful boy :) :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sounds like great progress already. Also sounds like he hasn't gotten much attention from the breeder. He is on his way to being treated like a king I know. Ollie is a lucky boy,indeed. Sweet and cute just wait until he takes over the house :yes::D

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Nice update and he sounds like a lovely little boy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow.. what great progress! He will get there with the leash-- each day just keep getting him used to it.

He is adorable

And, happy hubby keeps you out of jail! I would not have been able to not respond to the snot

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Sounds like progress! That little guy is sweet as can be! Give him extra loving from us all!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Great to have a pup pee n poop 10mins after their meals n wake you up to go outside. Duke started that a month ago n hes almost 9 months lol. You are going to have fun with Ollie. Not 2 are the alike. The leash will come by. He's vere young. Baby steps Missy as I think you're doing a fabulous job!!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww... he seems to have found the perfect fit for him :heart: Poor buddy will get accustomed to ALL the TLC our poor babies are used to... Lol He is SO darn cute...

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Sounds like you got yourself a smart dog. Chunky wasn't a bug fan of being leashed so I left it hooked to his collar and let him drag it around for a while. He still takes off like a bat out of hell if you drop the retractable one since it makes a scraping noise on concrete but will stop when i tell him its alright

I have only had two bulldogs but I think male bulldogs are more my type of dog personality wise. Possibly my thinking that way is just because Chunky being the way he is and other stories about their dogs seem alike

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.