Excessive Aggression?

Rumblebee2475

Oct 20, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy and Bentley
Anyone know how to help just got another bulldog puppy and our 5 year old bulldog tends to want to try and hump him even though he is fixed. He gets himself worked up so much that he has puked 2 out of three days since we brought the puppy home. Anyone have any ideas on how to calm him down?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Anyone know how to help just got another bulldog puppy and our 5 year old bulldog tends to want to try and hump him even though he is fixed. He gets himself worked up so much that he has puked 2 out of three days since we brought the puppy home. Anyone have any ideas on how to calm him down?

WELCOME to EBN!! Questions...... Were are you when he humps the puppy? Do you discipline your 5yr old like crate him or stand in front of him holding his collar with a BIG FIRM NO n crate him? Even though dogs are fix, some will hump and some will still lock in. Why you have to get in there and split them up before he gets worked up.

OP
R

Rumblebee2475

Oct 20, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy and Bentley
I am right around him when he does it I just try to scold him I do not crate him,

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Humping is an act of subduing, domination. Not always sexual. But you must train him with NO. Takes time and effort.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would put a leash on your boy and pull him off right away when he does that,telling him no . If you are consistant, he will learn that it is unacceptable. It can be a sign of excitement or dominance.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am right around him when he does it I just try to scold him I do not crate him,

If he's still doing it is because your scolding doesn't bother him. BTW what's the scolding you do? You need to be the alpha, scold him good n immediately in the kennel. Your scolding goes through one ear comes out the other. They're bulldogs lol. Dont worry bulldogs are extremely strong so even you need to drag him in the kennel or a different room, you're showing him you have the last word not him. Again some dogs will hump fix or not. Very hard to teach them not to. Be patient n consistent.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Boys and the girls willdominant’ hump so like everyons is saying, cut the act b4 he thinks hes head honcho!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have a 4 year old French bulldog and 8 month old bulldog. The Frenchie is neutered and bulldog not yet. When they play they will both try to jump each other, definitely a sign of trying to be dominant/alpha. We always stop it and say a loud NO. If they don’t listen, I have a squirt bottle with part vinegar and part water and they’ll get a squirt. They usually stop right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is not agression..humping is social stature to a dog.. no need for any major fuss--- i have two neutered males and when playing they both take turns trying to hump---- i have trained them with the one word 'OFF'. If they don't, I walk over and give a pinch to the butt area or water to the side of face from water bottle. Once trained-- i only have to say it one time

Stay consistent... it will always happen but it is an easy fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.