Nasty Nyala

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Bought bison marrow bones with meat n 2 BUFFALO horns. Duke being nosey went to check out Nyala's bone and she attacked him. Every time if it's a new toy or bone she'll get him. Man I grabbed her and in the kennel with no bones. Left her there for a while. Going to spilt them now. Duke is just being a nosey pup and cant defend himself as he doesnt know how. She's on my blacklist. Little "B" when she wants
0e38b79590040eccadb544c113d4cc41.jpg
33db4e19f468dc31775a7ef3bc9420be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
yes be careful. bone marrows, antlers are very valuable commodity so they protect them with dear life. With that they also become aggressive.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Sorry to hear ! Bulldogs are known to be possessive about food, and I guess that extends to valued toys too. Luckily your two are best friends normally, and don't fight, but it's a good lesson that they should be given valued toys and treats separately and perhaps even fed separately. I'm not sure if that means just a gate, or separate rooms.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's fiesty! Our Banks was like that at times.. she was ALWAYS a dominant bitch, but we did lots of training in home to get to know her triggers and body language. at times we did just crate for bones but mostly she was 100% monitored when we introduced anything new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She's fiesty! Our Banks was like that at times.. she was ALWAYS a dominant bitch, but we did lots of training in home to get to know her triggers and body language. at times we did just crate for bones but mostly she was 100% monitored when we introduced anything new

When I let her out of the kennel she went towards Duke, I was standing there, she looks at me, looks at him, looks at me again and went her merry way opposite side of the living room. She just sat there giving me the evil side eye. :tapfoot:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
poor little boy :( Danged if things just happen but betcha she got the hint!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ohhh...poor Duke. The first time I gave the boys raw bones was outside and Jax kept getting nasty. Now they both go into their crates when they get them.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhh...poor Duke. The first time I gave the boys raw bones was outside and Jax kept getting nasty. Now they both go into their crates when they get them.

I give them their bones outside. They're like 30ft from one another. Once they've eaten all the best part they are both fine but in the house is too close for comfort.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh no poor Duke! Sounds like all is better now. Do you think that will keep Duke from being a nosey puppy?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no poor Duke! Sounds like all is better now. Do you think that will keep Duke from being a nosey puppy?

I doubt it but he's been very quiet and keeps wanting to be snuggled up to me. Nyala been licking his folds n eye quite a bit. He even went to his kennel on his own to sleep.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
His eye looks sore. Poor baby boy.

Much better today. I pushed it back in and so far it's staying in. Been adding drops for pink eye since yesterday. Looking good ! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs have always been good about keeping to their own bone/hoof/horn but not this bunch, they have a toybox full of nylabones,etc. but never would give them something like antlers/super tasty because I know they would fight . I wouldn't call it short tempered,but something is different.....and I've had alot of different breeds 'til death do us part
sorry I spilled all my coffee on keyboa:giggle:rd no punctuation.

Most Reactions