helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My dogs have always been good about keeping to their own bone/hoof/horn but not this bunch, they have a toybox full of nylabones,etc. but never would give them something like antlers/super tasty because I know they would fight . I wouldn't call it short tempered,but something is different.....and I've had alot of different breeds 'til death do us part
sorry I spilled all my coffee on keyboa:giggle:rd no punctuation.

Did you try taking the little touch key off as they do come off so you can clean under...

It's just Nyala when she gets anything new. Like a spoil little "B". I agree it's her bone n he has his to stay away n put him to his place. But not attacking the face. Usually she'll get up and do a few steps push him back. This time she went for his face. As im typing they are both on their bed chewing the same horn and cleaning licking folds n ears.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Did you try taking the little touch key off as they do come off so you can clean under...

It's just Nyala when she gets anything new. Like a spoil little "B". I agree it's her bone n he has his to stay away n put him to his place. But not attacking the face. Usually she'll get up and do a few steps push him back. This time she went for his face. As im typing they are both on their bed chewing the same horn and cleaning licking folds n ears.

Have to ask you something... your doing what i would do (because you KNOW) what their issue is so you keep an eye out etc,,, but NOT forbid them to get close to each other again (except with bones or new toys) ... Why im asking is, it seems like on (of course i cant rememeber names but the aggression issue for that other lady) that lady's hubby is freeking them out 'towards' each other by forbiding the to get near each other, and that bothered me. They actually seemed to like eachother except.......... for 'what ever the reason needed to be determined'... She sounded like she really wants to keep and work with and that they didnt hate eachother, just needed some firm handling and watching to find out what triggers... Anyway, I guess i ask as ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well, after all that im not even remembering why im asking...lol so if you dont ans,,, dont feel bad hahahaha

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Have to ask you something... your doing what i would do (because you KNOW) what their issue is so you keep an eye out etc,,, but NOT forbid them to get close to each other again (except with bones or new toys) ... Why im asking is, it seems like on (of course i cant rememeber names but the aggression issue for that other lady) that lady's hubby is freeking them out 'towards' each other by forbiding the to get near each other, and that bothered me. They actually seemed to like eachother except.......... for 'what ever the reason needed to be determined'... She sounded like she really wants to keep and work with and that they didnt hate eachother, just needed some firm handling and watching to find out what triggers... Anyway, I guess i ask as ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well, after all that im not even remembering why im asking...lol so if you dont ans,,, dont feel bad hahahaha

There was a couple post.....I think it's one of those links below....

And yes I dont want to separate mine each time or neither will learn. Separate them when it's a new bone? Yes but make sure im there and not anyone else as I know Nyala won't go for Duke. She knows im there and will check me from her corner eye. She will growl as a warning but that as far as she usually goes. So yes it's consistent surveying and training till they get it.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...2-sibling-rivalry-territorial-aggression.html

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...lk/55908-excessive-aggression.html#post718339

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I can't keep toys or bones laying around, since they will get in to fights over them. The other always has the better one. They have to be separated to play with toys or chew bones.

One thing that you could put in that eye is honey. You can make your own drops with 1 part honey (organic) and 5 parts boiled water. Put those drops in the eye several times a day. Honey is antibacterial and can clear all infections.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't keep toys or bones laying around, since they will get in to fights over them. The other always has the better one. They have to be separated to play with toys or chew bones.

One thing that you could put in that eye is honey. You can make your own drops with 1 part honey (organic) and 5 parts boiled water. Put those drops in the eye several times a day. Honey is antibacterial and can clear all infections.

Im an essential oil person but I never thought of honey in the eye and yes, it's an antibacterial. We learn everyday! Cheers dear!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
little late here but that honey thing sounds great! I do the colloidal silver which works great as well but for some reason, this honey sounds soothing ?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
little late here but that honey thing sounds great! I do the colloidal silver which works great as well but for some reason, this honey sounds soothing ?

I did some and put some in his eye. That 3rd gland tends to pop out now n then since Nyala bit him. I push it back in but idk. Hopefully this goes away or he'll need a little tuck. Just hate to put him asleep for something useless like that. Will see if honey potion works to soothe the eye. Fingers crossed!

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)

You may be referring to my sibling rivalry issue! (Effie & Josie)...we're working with our new trainer diligently. Surprisingly, they got into a fight while he was there that first night. As much as I hated it, I'm glad it happened while the trainer was there so he can see exactly what we are dealing with. When it happened Effie was sitting near the trainers feet & Josie made a move to walk towards them- it was ON at that point (still not sure which dog lunged first, but I''m inclined to believe it was Effie). The trainer thinks that our household is out of balance & we are starting at square one with intense obedience training (no prong or shock collars though- it's mostly all through vocalization) & making ourselves the alphas. We ignore them both for 10 mins at all first contacts, we are practicing crate door/and back door programming, ignoring them when they beg/nudge for attention. Neither of them are sleeping in bed with us anymore either (at least for time being). Right now we are keeping them separated as well. They are on crate rotation. We practice off and on all evening with both dogs. Effie (we've had her since she was a puppy) is REALLY stubborn. She absolutely thinks she is the boss and it's been very challenging. Josie (she was re-homed to us back in Feb) is doing excellent. She aims to please! Our trainer is hoping that by restoring balance & getting ourselves into a position of authority that the dogs will also relax more & stop guarding people/spaces, etc- as that's what truly appears to be the problem. We are still hoping for the best. The last few nights they have been going up to one another, when one is out & the other is still in her crate, and they'll kiss each other through the bars. Josie went up to Effie's crate last night & was pawing at the door to be opened. Our trainer is supposed to be coming back tonight with tethers & the goal of reintroducing them to one another. I'm definitely nervous, it's been such a peaceful week.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the post! I hope Duke's eye heals soon!!! He's such a handsome boy. It sounds like you know exactly what's going on with them-- I wish our issue was as simple as toys/bones! That was how it originally started & was easily manageable.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You may be referring to my sibling rivalry issue! (Effie & Josie)...we're working with our new trainer diligently. Surprisingly, they got into a fight while he was there that first night. As much as I hated it, I'm glad it happened while the trainer was there so he can see exactly what we are dealing with. When it happened Effie was sitting near the trainers feet & Josie made a move to walk towards them- it was ON at that point (still not sure which dog lunged first, but I''m inclined to believe it was Effie). The trainer thinks that our household is out of balance & we are starting at square one with intense obedience training (no prong or shock collars though- it's mostly all through vocalization) & making ourselves the alphas. We ignore them both for 10 mins at all first contacts, we are practicing crate door/and back door programming, ignoring them when they beg/nudge for attention. Neither of them are sleeping in bed with us anymore either (at least for time being). Right now we are keeping them separated as well. They are on crate rotation. We practice off and on all evening with both dogs. Effie (we've had her since she was a puppy) is REALLY stubborn. She absolutely thinks she is the boss and it's been very challenging. Josie (she was re-homed to us back in Feb) is doing excellent. She aims to please! Our trainer is hoping that by restoring balance & getting ourselves into a position of authority that the dogs will also relax more & stop guarding people/spaces, etc- as that's what truly appears to be the problem. We are still hoping for the best. The last few nights they have been going up to one another, when one is out & the other is still in her crate, and they'll kiss each other through the bars. Josie went up to Effie's crate last night & was pawing at the door to be opened. Our trainer is supposed to be coming back tonight with tethers & the goal of reintroducing them to one another. I'm definitely nervous, it's been such a peaceful week.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the post! I hope Duke's eye heals soon!!! He's such a handsome boy. It sounds like you know exactly what's going on with them-- I wish our issue was as simple as toys/bones! That was how it originally started & was easily manageable.

Thanks for the update... please keep me posted... i want to know how things work out and really hope you can keep them. ((Hugs))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

Yes it was you i was thinking of.... I very much hope that things continue to improve. keep in touch...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online