Winter Coats/Jackets???

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Went shopping for winter coats. Bought large size but Nyala was too fitted and DUKE well front chest tight. I returned them. I find its hard as you all know dressing an EB with the width of the chest and narrow hope, well not much fits. Found an online site which seems not to bad.

https://www.all-about-english-bulldog-dog-breed.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=122

Any of you guys bought jackets for winter as it's Canada here so need something warmer. Nyala outgrew hers of last year and cant find them anymore. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was lucky to find one for Cheli.. I'll have to check the name when I get home, but I took him to the store and fitted him in several before finding one that fit.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We use coats for Blossom and Dozer in the winter, but usually only use them when we are going on a longer walk. If it's just to go out and potty then we don't always put on a jacket, but we also,use sweaters, which I find fit better, and they don't seem to mind them as much, since they aren't as bulky as a jacket. The jackets I bought for them are called Canada Paws.

- - - Updated - - -

We use coats for Blossom and Dozer in the winter, but usually only use them when we are going on a longer walk. If it's just to go out and potty then we don't always put on a jacket, but we also,use sweaters, which I find fit better, and they don't seem to,mins them as much, since they aren't as bulky as a jacket. The jackets I bought for them are called Canada Paws.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    794.9 KB · Views: 280
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    911.2 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 141
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We use coats for Blossom and Dozer in the winter, but usually only use them when we are going on a longer walk. If it's just to go out and potty then we don't always put on a jacket, but we also,use sweaters, which I find fit better, and they don't seem to,mins them as much, since they aren't as bulky as a jacket. The jackets I bought for them are called Canada Paws.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive seen those knitted one but this is Alberta gets colder. :( when I was at pet valu today, the owner showed me something different. Exterior Nylon but plush under. The difference in this jacket it has a chest protector. Lady order an XL see if that will fit Nyala. Hope it does. Our mornings are -5.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Ive seen those knitted one but this is Alberta gets colder. :( when I was at pet valu today, the owner showed me something different. Exterior Nylon but plush under. The difference in this jacket it has a chest protector. Lady order an XL see if that will fit Nyala. Hope it does. Our mornings are -5.

I just take my bully out for short walks in winter, so don't bother dressing her. I also don't put on boots on her, but I do put on a mushers paw type product to protect her paws periodically from the salt. I'm sure in Calgary you need coats and boots.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I just take my bully out for short walks in winter, so don't bother dressing her. I also don't put on boots on her, but I do put on a mushers paw type product to protect her paws periodically from the salt. I'm sure in Calgary you need coats and boots.

Im more central. Calgary is an hour down the road what's really odd here as ive notice when ive moved here 8yrs ago, the weather is odd. Example, in winter while driving to Calgary, every 20 mins it's like opening a door and....surprise. ...either its a blizzard, sunny, ice rain, hot etc. Always a +10 difference in temperature in Calgary. More south you go warmer. It cause of the Rockies. Chinook winds. Then Red Deer has the end tip of Chinook. Rain, cold, blizzards etc. Edmonton has better weather than central. All this to say, central dogs needs jackets. Duke needs booties as he's a knuckle dragger! Nyala is good.

Karen100

Apr 14, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie,Taylor,Gatsby
I live in Canada and found Shedrow from greenhawk in Barrie has great coats and they fit my guys well. You can order then on line .

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I live in Canada and found Shedrow from greenhawk in Barrie has great coats and they fit my guys well. You can order then on line .

Thanks Karen I'll check it out for sure

Members online

No members online now.