We nee a new harness and leash. Which is the best?

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
d7512c0ffebf0be6a75c375f0c458268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
d7512c0ffebf0be6a75c375f0c458268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So sorry you were sick :( and i love that harness you have on him... I have it too and even the vet is impressed with it... The handle and all ;)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
They're 50% off now- do they have to be put over head? I can't be bothered with those harnesses.

yea, but it's real simple cause it's real large.. You 'can' undoo the front strap for medical reason (like if they had on a cone) but otherwize that would be a hastle. They are very easy once ya fit. 50 % off would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobertM

Nov 12, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Roger
I like this one for my bulldog, can you post the link so I can buy one for Roger? I would like a good nylon one for my dog when he plays, I bought one for his birthday this one is for when I want to dress him up. Here is the one I bought for him. Its a good Leather Bull Dog Harness, however a bit high end to bring to dog park. I do let him wear the leather one when we go to Central Park once a month. Can someone post a link to a good leather dog harness?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I like this one for my bulldog, can you post the link so I can buy one for Roger? I would like a good nylon one for my dog when he plays, I bought one for his birthday this one is for when I want to dress him up. Here is the one I bought for him. Its a good Leather Bull Dog Harness, however a bit high end to bring to dog park. I do let him wear the leather one when we go to Central Park once a month. Can someone post a link to a good leather dog harness?

I use a 6ā€™ leather leash but has clips at each end. I had it made for my GS as he was constantly in training n needed heavy duty clips. Very high energy...anyhoo I always kept that leash even after my GS was gone. Love the idea of 2 clips. When I walk both my dogs each have a clip. Duke my white face tends to pull but lately heā€™s stopped. Nice just to use one leash. And great for training.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I use a 6ā€™ leather leash but has clips at each end. I had it made for my GS as he was constantly in training n needed heavy duty clips. Very high energy...anyhoo I always kept that leash even after my GS was gone. Love the idea of 2 clips. When I walk both my dogs each have a clip. Duke my white face tends to pull but lately heā€™s stopped. Nice just to use one leash. And great for training.

Not to hijack this thread but I gotta say Louie has become so easy to walk. Jax is my puller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Not to hijack this thread but I gotta say Louie has become so easy to walk. Jax is my puller!

Good job! Too bad you canā€™t use a choker on Jax cause of his health issue. Hmmm wait....what if you get if you donā€™t already have one them 8ā€™ leash, clips at each end, clips Jax to Louie n Louie to you so Jax is walked by Louie. If Louie doesnā€™t pull anymore n with his weight, Jax wonā€™t be going too far nor will heā€™ll pull. Jax will eventually follow Louie as basically youā€™re going to be controlling Louie. Did that make sense? Lolll

Btw youā€™re not hijacking, itā€™s an old thread...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Makes total sense and is an excellent idea. I never would have thought about that. Iā€™ll definitely look for a long leash with 2 clips. Iā€™m sure Jax knows we canā€™t pull too hard on him so he does it on purpose lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Makes total sense and is an excellent idea. I never would have thought about that. Iā€™ll definitely look for a long leash with 2 clips. Iā€™m sure Jax knows we canā€™t pull too hard on him so he does it on purpose lol.

Cheli is my puller too... in a hurry to get no where

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cheli is my puller too... in a hurry to get no where

Damn Frenchies! Jax also refuses to go home unless he is ready. He somehow always knows when we are going towards home and then he puts the brakes on and will not move.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Keep Jaxā€™s end short on Louieā€™s. After knocking into Louie a few times, jax will keep his distance n walk side by side eventually.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta