Getting rid of Kennel

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
Honestly, I have never bought a dog cage until now. Reason: she bites everything! This is her jail when she is BAD girl. But also her room every night where she sleeps very sound n so not elegant! Sometimes u can hear her snoring !

Not buying another cage. Just wait for her to be out of her teething issues....

What do you think?
777adcc43bd68d68a03e142789d8a546.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Some like their kennels and some do not. Most I think, prefer to have a little area of their own to sleep and nap in. We always kennel our guys as well as the rescues. Kenneling is a very important part of preparing a rescue for re-homing.
That looks perfect to me.

OP
SiuMai

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
ce90977aedc79cb9bf89960b93c63c06.jpg

She likes to sleep on the glass of our coffee table when not in cage

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
they are strange creatures arent they ;)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Crates are a good safe place for them especially when you are gone, keeps them out of trouble. Plus once they get used to them, they actually like their crates, it's a safe haven.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just CANT image Duke not being in his kennel if im gone. Nooooo way! :chapped:

Nyala was kennel and about 8 months old I started to leave the door open. It was her little getaway n safe place. Then she started to like the sofa ;) But Duke...Pffffft ain't gonna happen....for now. Even got him a security clip that screws shut as Houdini escapes his kennel. He will eat my shoes too. Well he actually did. I think you need a bigger kennel too.

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
Rosco loves his kennel. He sleeps in the bed at night, rugs, couch, pretty much wherever. He chooses to nap in there a lot or will go in there to chew on his bone. I've never kenneled a dog before him and I love it. We went a long time without ever using it because he doesn't chew stuff up or anything. Then I started working more hours, so I'd kennel him until the kids got home from school just to be safe. It's worked out great because with a recent move we had he liked going to his safe place, when people were coming to hook up tv, utilities, etc. Some seemed to be scared of him which honestly blew my mind but I was able to kennel him. Then with hurricane harvey we had damage to our house and with people in and out constantly for quotes and then repairs it's been a blessing. I just tell him kennel, he goes in and then I don't have to worry about him getting out when the doors are open or getting into the workers stuff. I have even thought if we had lots of people over and needed to kennel him we could. Yet then I told myself I would never have ppl over that didn't like my dog[emoji23]

Either way though, I have been converted to be a kennel lover. We take it on trips with us, hotels, families homes, if he goes to the pet sitter instead of traveling it goes with him. It's made a huge difference. So I would say get another just to have around. If you don't use it in a year or two then you can donate it to an animal shelter.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Too funny... love the pose!

Crates are a great safe place for them when you are not at home... we always have there crate set for them and they can go lay inside when they do not want to be bothered

Members online

No members online now.