Chanelle13

Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Romulan & Roscoe
Hello!
My Boy Romulan has developed Interdigital Cysts.. Or as the vet calls it interdigital ferunculosis. We have tried NUMEROUS things..
Epsom salt soaks 2-3 times a day, we have tried treating with antibiotics, we have tried "apoquil" , steroid cream, all other sorts of fungal creams and ointments. We saw a dermatologist, we tried switching his food and the ONLY thing that has helped is Prednisone.. We put him on the prednisone for about 5-8 days and it almost fully goes away, and then when it is out of his system for 24 hours it comes back full force.. I do not want him to be on prednisone full time so I am hoping someone has some advice or something that has worked for there bulldogs.. I am out of options and it just keeps coming back, so large that it looks like its going to burst! I should mention his older brothers from the past litters also have these issues, we have his brother from the last litter and he is starting to get it as well.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can also wash the paws with a chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo such as Ketohex or Curaseb. Leave on for 10 min then wash off, once daily. Or soaks of paws in a bath for 5 min with betadine added to make it tea coloured daily for a couple of weeks.

Most likely cause is allergies, either food or environmental or both. First try switching over a week to a raw product, since that usually causes less allergies, with a new protein not used before. eg.dehydrated raw products: Honest Kitchen Marvel turkey and parsnip; or Spot Farms grain free turkey or pork; or Only Naturals EasyRaw beef or turkey.

Also wipe your dog's paws and belly and face with a wet cloth after going outside.

Give an antihistamine daily such as cetirizine 0.5 mg/pound once daily.

Add a probiotic, preferably a doggie probiotic like Herbsmith Microflora Plus or Proviable DC. If not, kefir, sauerkraut from refrigerator section of health food store, or green tripe are all good.

Give coconut oil and turmeric ( and some fresh grinds of black pepper to improve absorption of turmeric) daily mixed with the food.

Try to avoid prednisone. If the food switch doesn't help after a month ask vet for Cytopoint injections instead. Prednisone long term can cause many diseases such as osteoporosis, diabetes, Cushings, cataracts.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I made up a concoction that worked for my boy... I alternate these two... I use collodial silver for a nice cleaning. Let it dry and then i use this spray i made. It's aloe, frankincense , and crud, im not by it right now but if you use essential oils, and want me to let you know the rest of what i used, let me know.. I will say that my vet was impressed as we had tried a few other thing first. This worked for him.

OP
Chanelle13

Chanelle13

Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Romulan & Roscoe
Yes let me know! I am willing to try anything! thanks so much

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can also wash the paws with a chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo such as Ketohex or Curaseb. Leave on for 10 min then wash off, once daily. Or soaks of paws in a bath for 5 min with betadine added to make it tea coloured daily for a couple of weeks.

Most likely cause is allergies, either food or environmental or both. First try switching over a week to a raw product, since that usually causes less allergies, with a new protein not used before. eg.dehydrated raw products: Honest Kitchen Marvel turkey and parsnip; or Spot Farms grain free turkey or pork; or Only Naturals EasyRaw beef or turkey.

Also wipe your dog's paws and belly and face with a wet cloth after going outside.

Give an antihistamine daily such as cetirizine 0.5 mg/pound once daily.

Add a probiotic, preferably a doggie probiotic like Herbsmith Microflora Plus or Proviable DC. If not, kefir, sauerkraut from refrigerator section of health food store, or green tripe are all good.

Give coconut oil and turmeric ( and some fresh grinds of black pepper to improve absorption of turmeric) daily mixed with the food.

Try to avoid prednisone. If the food switch doesn't help after a month ask vet for Cytopoint injections instead. Prednisone long term can cause many diseases such as osteoporosis, diabetes, Cushings, cataracts.

:up: exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.