Tips on washing dog bed

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hello! Today I found out that Nacho has been peeing on his bed. Does anyone have any good tips to wash it and remove the odor? He really likes his bed but I guess he pees on it:/

Any help would be appreciated!
35d9fac5c03347c3492298407ad262a2.jpg
35d9fac5c03347c3492298407ad262a2.jpg

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can probably throw the entire bed in your washing machine on a gentle cycle

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... if your machine is big enough-- toss it right in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Yep... if your machine is big enough-- toss it right in

Any tips on washing his toys? Specially the squeaky ones. Don't want water going in them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Any tips on washing his toys? Specially the squeaky ones. Don't want water going in them.

I place some in dishwasher-- top rack. Others, if needed i just use a wash cloth

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
also in the washer,, add some borax ;) kills the smell

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You can toss the bed in the washing machine. If you don't have a front loader, take it to the coin laundry, I add white vinegar to the wash to sanitize it and it will eliminate the smell. For the toys I take a bucket and soak them in hot water, vinegar and a drop of Dawn dish soap. Vinegar is a natural anti bacterial and will kill the germs, but is not toxic. I have always done this with baby toys as well.

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
I use vinegar as well. I wash it in the washer. If it won't fit and you can't do the laundry mat, you can wash it with water, spray with vinegar and set it out in the sun to dry. Or dawn, I put a drop or two in a spray bottle with vinegar and water.

As for toys I didn't know you couldn't wash those. I was mine and then dry them. I add vinegar to the rinse cycle on both.

Rosco does that but only on the bed in his kennel. So now he has a rug in his kennel and for some reason he never pees on the rugs.

DAmbra

Sep 13, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
As many have said I also use vinegar. 1st wash I use a cup or so (eyeball it) of vinegar, after that is done I wash a second time with baking soda (also eyeball that). That's how I've washed my towels for quite a while now as well. Gets rid of any smells and makes them feel really nice. I've read that regular detergent will build up a residue and make the "old towel smell" even worse. So far it works great and dont have to worry about Sumo being allergic to the laundry detergent.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
You can toss the bed in the washing machine. If you don't have a front loader, take it to the coin laundry, I add white vinegar to the wash to sanitize it and it will eliminate the smell. For the toys I take a bucket and soak them in hot water, vinegar and a drop of Dawn dish soap. Vinegar is a natural anti bacterial and will kill the germs, but is not toxic. I have always done this with baby toys as well.

I wash toys on top rack of dishwasher on sanitize cycle with heated drying.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.