Thread: Bulldog overate and Iím bot sure what to do.

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Scully
    Likes (Received)

Default Bulldog overate and Iím bot sure what to do.

My boy Scully, heís a handful and well last night while I was outside with his brother he tipped the container and ate when I came in I was in shock. He finally lived his dream unlimited food. Itís hard to say how much he really ate. If I had to guess Iíd say 5 cups worth. So my question is. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I overreacting because I kinda wanna take him to the vet. Iím not home but my fiancť was. SHe said heís still hungry wants to eat. Is still drinking. Heís moving slowly and is bloated, as would anyone that overate. This happened about 8pm last night. He pooped about an hour after that. And heís for sure pooped about 1pm today. Heís able to lay normal.

My question is, when should I be concerned itís been what 16+ hours. Iím worried about Bloat but thereís also That feeling if I take him to vet itís gonna be 500+ to tell me what we know. Any input is fine. I figured if he wasnít acting overly different after 12 hours heís just gonna have to pass it. Iím leaving work now to be with him. My fiancť works nights and I donít want him to poop his crate. I attached a pic of him so you could see how fat he is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -60bd9419-8fa1-42be-897a-9f5b2d8eb09c-jpeg  

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog overate and Iím bot sure what to do.

Don't know too much about it, but from what I read, you only need to worry if gums are bright red or pale or if she tries unsuccessfully to vomit.
    Management (pasting from a website):
    You need to restrict her exercise closely.
    Leash to go out and only a slow walk.
    No food for 24 hours.
    Offer small amounts of water frequently.
    Expect diarrhea.

3. Likes oscarmayer, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

He’ll be fine. Just give him time to poop it all out. You may find that his stool is a bit soft, maybe even loose. Exercise and water are important but not too much of either. If his belly becomes tender to the touch, get him to the Vet right away.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Scully
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Heíll be fine. Just give him time to poop it all out. You may find that his stool is a bit soft, maybe even loose. Exercise and water are important but not too much of either. If his belly becomes tender to the touch, get him to the Vet right away.
    So I got home yesterday about 3 hours after my fiancť left to work he did vomit but otherwise was fine glad I left work early cause he really had to poop. I skipped his dinner last night. He already looks less bloated. He looked really huge and booted. He was still wanting to eat what I was eating acting like his normal self. So overall I think heís fine. Just the whole ďbloatĒ
    Thing can be scary.

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nacho
    Likes (Received)

Glad he's okay! I bet Nacho can't wait till the day we get distracted and he get his unlimited buffet of food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BowserAndScully View Post

So I got home yesterday about 3 hours after my fiancť left to work he did vomit but otherwise was fine glad I left work early cause he really had to poop. I skipped his dinner last night. He already looks less bloated. He looked really huge and booted. He was still wanting to eat what I was eating acting like his normal self. So overall I think heís fine. Just the whole ďbloatĒ
    Thing can be scary.
    Happy to hear all is good.... he was in a food coma I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BowserAndScully View Post

So I got home yesterday about 3 hours after my fiancť left to work he did vomit but otherwise was fine glad I left work early cause he really had to poop. I skipped his dinner last night. He already looks less bloated. He looked really huge and booted. He was still wanting to eat what I was eating acting like his normal self. So overall I think he’s fine. Just the whole “bloat
    Thing can be scary.
    Glad to hear he's ok ! Luckily bulldogs are not one of the breeds prone to bloat.

Remove Ads