Peeing

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Hey all
Long time no talk....question about Jameson...he is getting up there in age, coming up on 10 in a few months. We are having issues with him peeing inside...he has been peeing on the bed, couch and bathroom floor. Which is new. Yes he has been to the vet and there is nothing wrong with him. He literally walked into our room this morning and climbed onto the bed while i was in the shower and peed. I'm pretty sure we are dealing with some arthritis, some he just can't hold it anymore but I also think he may be getting senile. So question is there anything I can give him to help with the memory?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
There's a prescription drug called deprenyl (Anipryl®)

There's a prescription diet made by Hills (Hills b/d canine) that supposedly works well, but has corn and chicken byproducts for the proteins which are cheap ingredients.

There are commercial nutritional supplements such as Senilife™, Proneurozone™ Denosyl® and Cholodin®. I don't know anything about these supplements compared to just giving antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E and SAMe separately .

I would add coconut oil, and krill oil or salmon oil, and probiotics to diet as well.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
And also turmeric powder is a great supplement no matter what else you decide to give your dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey all
Long time no talk....question about Jameson...he is getting up there in age, coming up on 10 in a few months. We are having issues with him peeing inside...he has been peeing on the bed, couch and bathroom floor. Which is new. Yes he has been to the vet and there is nothing wrong with him. He literally walked into our room this morning and climbed onto the bed while i was in the shower and peed. I'm pretty sure we are dealing with some arthritis, some he just can't hold it anymore but I also think he may be getting senile. So question is there anything I can give him to help with the memory?

hey lady... has anything else in the household changed? if not, add the supplements that Dollys Owner suggest and I would gate him in a particular room till we get him back on track. if it is 'can't hold it'... you may have to do potty breaks more often... every few hours till you find his new schedule.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Well the peeing started just in the bathroom at first at night or while we were at work as if he couldnt hold it. The bed peeing started about 6 weeks and same with couch. Yes to change we added another kid hahahhaha. But he is only 3 weeks old so it def started prior.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well the peeing started just in the bathroom at first at night or while we were at work as if he couldnt hold it. The bed peeing started about 6 weeks and same with couch. Yes to change we added another kid hahahhaha. But he is only 3 weeks old so it def started prior.

WOW!! Growing family... i would try they rescheduled potty breaks and see if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.