Best and Toughest toy

Tdaughtry

Jun 4, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoe (English) Zues (Boxer)
I'm new to site, trying to find info on toys for my Girl.... (Zoe)
I have tried so many different toys, she tears them up so fast. Some within minutes, most within 24 hours. I have spent so much money on Kong toys, its not even funny! I have even bought some that have a 24 day guarantee, guess what, i had to send back. One company had a 12 month guarantee and they replaced it five times, then decided to refund my money.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Tania

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Lol that west paw at the dollar store is $2.00 I gave like 4 of them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Wow, I have the same problem, but Kong toys always withstand their chewing. Zoe must have a bionic jaw or steel teeth lol. The only other toys that usually withstand chewing are the JWow toys, but they are like the Kong toys, so don't know if she wouldn't chew through those too. How about a metal pipe lol.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Wow, I have the same problem, but Kong toys always withstand their chewing. Zoe must have a bionic jaw or steel teeth lol. The only other toys that usually withstand chewing are the JWow toys, but they are like the Kong toys, so don't know if she wouldn't chew through those too. How about a metal pipe lol.

Yes, JW are great toys. I bought last week 2 new solid like a rock type of toys for both of mine. Took 2 hours to destroy them. The kongs neither have any interest in them. Idk why. Duke drags the wood for the fire pit from under the deck n chews on that, Nyala chews on Duke (playfully). I gave up on toys for time being.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
You have a hard chewer. Anything harder than a Nylabone FlexiChew may be harmful.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
I have always had the same problem - mine destroy everything. The problem is that Wilbur will actually swallow everything also. I learned that the only thing to keep them happy and relatively safe are the Nylabone power chewer line. The problem too is that the flexi-chews are too soft and Wilbur can swallow them. I do worry about their teeth, but so far there haven't been any issues.
I have to let them chew or they will chew rugs, pillows, shoes (even though I dog-proof the house!). I constantly check the nylabones - if they are getting too ragged or worn I throw them away. I will caution everyone though - be sure to get the right size. The giant one are too big, even though the package recommends them for the dog's weight.

Also, and this is a big one - be careful with their eyes. Wilbur has a habit of running around with the bones in his mouth (like a security thing) and he jumped up at me and the ragged end of one of the bones HIT him in the eye. It was an emergency visit to the vet, 24 hours a day of three kinds of drops for a week (including debriding the eye) and he nearly lost it. Its all healed now (this was a few years ago) but it was scary and now I am very very careful if he has one in his mouth.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl was a destroyer so her toys were raw marrow bones and moose paddles (antlers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tdaughtry

Jun 4, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
We got the Westpaw bone already, lasted one day. The Orbee I haven’t tried, will put that on the list and give it a try.
Thanks a bunch

OP
T

Tdaughtry

Jun 4, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I tried finding the Jwow toys and havent had any luck. Do you have a website address.?

OP
T

Tdaughtry

Jun 4, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
We got the Westpaw bone already, lasted one day. The Orbee I haven’t tried, will put that on the list and give it a try.
Thanks a bunch

Most Reactions