Need Some Input and/or Advice For Joey Please

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello all! I'm coming to the BRIGHTEST bulldog folks that I know, and after over 2 years here you've never let me down :)

Here's the story, short version I hope. I travel for my job. Joey has always, since a pup, stayed with one of my sisters who lives close to me. Well I've moved in with my sister while my house is on the market, we will all be getting a bigger place with more land eventually.

The first few nights Joey came to my room (now upstairs, was first floor at old house). After the first 2 nights she started doing what she has always done while I am out of town and went to bed with my sister. I could take this one night, two nights, but then I really missed her with me. So I have been bringing her up with me, carrying her....and she sleeps with me all night. But I don't want to have to do that......

I know that they are creators of habit, hurts a bit, and not sure what do to, if anything.....Joey has been a really good sport about all of this change, I would like to do what is best.

Hope to hear from someone soon :) Thanks for listening!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
But I don't want to have to do that......
Joey is just doing what she's used to while in that house...it's nothing personal.
I bet that Joey could alternate sleeping with you 2 and it wouldn't bother "her" one bit.
If you do not want to "share" then keep carrying Joey up with you and she'll eventually get it. It may take a week or 2 or more.
Joey probably doesn't care too much one way or the other...she loves you both.

I don't recall seeing any Joey pics lately...I'd like to, please.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Joey is just doing what she's used to while in that house...it's nothing personal.
I bet that Joey could alternate sleeping with you 2 and it wouldn't bother "her" one bit.
If you do not want to "share" then keep carrying Joey up with you and she'll eventually get it. It may take a week or 2 or more.

Oh thank you, you've made me feel MUCH BETTER! I LOVE how bonded Joey and my sister are, Joey is a HUGE part of our family. I have no trouble sharing, I want Joey to be comfy everywhere. My sister also said "it's the place, not the person" Joey has been staying here all of her life and I am so thankful to have had a wonderful place for her to stay while I'm gone. I will continue to encourage Joey to come upstairs from time to time but I want her to feel good too.

Here is one from the new digs

IMG_6376.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I agree, it's what she's used to do doing over there...

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I agree, it's what she's used to do doing over there...

Thank you Tracey! I know that you've been at this MUCH LONGER than I.....my head said one thing, but my heart...........

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
This is just normal on Joey's part. She loves you both,and nothing personal at all-she is just doing what she has been used to doing.She has two Mamas-what a lucky girl!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree... if you continue to bring her to 'your' room she will eventually get it... just needs time to adjust to Mom being there now.

Good luck with the house sale and search!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
This is just normal on Joey's part. She loves you both,and nothing personal at all-she is just doing what she has been used to doing.She has two Mamas-what a lucky girl!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thank you!!! I trust you all so very much, your words of encouragement mean so much to me! Joey def is a very, very lucky girl indeed! She has our hearts for sure!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Agree... if you continue to bring her to 'your' room she will eventually get it... just needs time to adjust to Mom being there now.

Good luck with the house sale and search!

Christine, you are a DOLL ! Thanks for the support on my plan to help Joey get through adjusting, I miss her terribly when she is not with me BUT this has been her second home all of her life, so.....I get it now. Thanks for the good luck wishes too! FINGERS CROSSED !!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Kinda hard to train a dog that's being babysat all this time with your sister and Little Ms Joey which is use to her routine at that house. Like mentioned, pick her up and bring her to your room on the 2nd floor. You'll get a good workout too! :buff:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Kinda hard to train a dog that's being babysat all this time with your sister and Little Ms Joey which is use to her routine at that house. Like mentioned, pick her up and bring her to your room on the 2nd floor. You'll get a good workout too! :buff:

Thanks Helene! Exactly!! Oh and please continue the life of Duke stories! My favorite!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
just throwing out 'my/our' story... Since Hank was a pup (four months old) He has gone back and forth weekly from this home with just him and me, up to daddys and my home in the hi desert.. when there, we all snuggle together and that's just how it is. When him and I come back down (daddy stays up there) hank takes himself to bed, 'his' bed (my bed here is way to high for him') and just goes to sleep when ready. Up there, he is always snuggled us whether tv or bed time. Here, it's on the floor, his coolaroo beds, his and the chi's couch, and occasionally, him and I snuggle on the couch together but it's a whole different thing here. All that to say is, when we come back down here,* I * 'miss' the snuggles. He doesn't ,,, cause it's just the way it's been. I even try now to sleep in the 'spare' room so he can sleep with me but nope,, it's his bed or the floor. They are so weird so how ever it works is going to be fine. I'm sure your Joey will love to spend her special nights with you once she figures its part of 'her' deal .... Probably just took you on a ride that didn't make sense but oh well,,,, hugs anyway, lucky fam :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
just throwing out 'my/our' story... Since Hank was a pup (four months old) He has gone back and forth weekly from this home with just him and me, up to daddys and my home in the hi desert.. when there, we all snuggle together and that's just how it is. When him and I come back down (daddy stays up there) hank takes himself to bed, 'his' bed (my bed here is way to high for him') and just goes to sleep when ready. Up there, he is always snuggled us whether tv or bed time. Here, it's on the floor, his coolaroo beds, his and the chi's couch, and occasionally, him and I snuggle on the couch together but it's a whole different thing here. All that to say is, when we come back down here,* I * 'miss' the snuggles. He doesn't ,,, cause it's just the way it's been. I even try now to sleep in the 'spare' room so he can sleep with me but nope,, it's his bed or the floor. They are so weird so how ever it works is going to be fine. I'm sure your Joey will love to spend her special nights with you once she figures its part of 'her' deal .... Probably just took you on a ride that didn't make sense but oh well,,,, hugs anyway, lucky fam :)

Thank you so much!!!! Your story opens my eyes even more!!!! Just happy to know there's others out ther going through the same thing!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.