must have kit?

donuat

Feb 17, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
angus
hey guys! some of you know that I live in texas, and soon I'll be moving back to mexico, to meet my new puppy Angus, but before i leave I want to buy everything I may need for him, in mexico most of the pet care products are expensive, so I was wondering what are your must have products for the grooming and health care for your bully?

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
You need to peruse Carolina pet pantry online ! They have a ton of items and great prices. We just got some bottle buddies and the dogs LOVE them! Bottle Buddy Cow They have velcro in the bottom so you can put another empty bottle in there when they crunch up the old one. The spa facial scrub is great for tear stains or if the white on your puppies face gets dingy SPA Fresh Facial Scrub 8oz Belly gets a pump of grizzly salmon oil in her food. It isn't a must have but it sure has made her coat soft and shiny Grizzly Salmon Oil 32oz Nail clippers Deluxe Nail Clipper- Large
Ear wipes Ear Wipes 25 ct
Shampoo Dirty and Hairy Protect Shampoo 16oz

Get lots of nyla bones! Just a few suggestions for you! I'm sure you can look at the site and see some things you would like to take home for Angus! Good luck and don't forget pictures when you get to see him!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am excited for you, I know you have been waiting a long time for this. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] listed what you need. I can vouch for the Spa Facial Scrub, I use it and love it, no tears and gets the wrinkles all clean.

OP
donuat

donuat

Feb 17, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
angus
Wow guys thank you i couldn't get a better reply! Thank u i will consider all of the products and get them asap

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Here is a list for a first aid kit for bullies. Might be a great idea to make up a kit from this list to take back with you.

Gauze sponges -- 50 four-by-four inch sponges, two per envelope
Triple antibiotic ointment
Rubbing alcohol
Ear syringe -- two ounce capacity
Ace self-adhering athletic bandage -- three-inch width
White petroleum jelly (Vaseline or similar)
Eye wash
Sterile, non-adherent pads
Pepto Bismol tablets
Generic Benadryl capsules -- 25mg, for allergies
Hydrocortisone acetate -- one percent cream
Sterile stretch gauze bandage -- three inches by four yards
Buffered aspirin
Dermicil hypoallergenic cloth tape one inch by 10 yards
Hydrogen peroxide
Kaopectate tablets maximum strength
Bandage scissors
Custom splints
Vet Rap bandage
Squirt Lemon Juice

Other suggested items were:
Blanket
Tweezers
Muzzle
Hemostats
Rectal thermometer
Ziplock bags
Paperwork, including the dog's health record, medications, local and national poison control numbers, regular veterinary clinic hours and telephone numbers, and emergency clinic hours and telephone number.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Triple antibiotic ointment
Bruce did you mean the PAIN FREE stuff? I know I can't give the pain free type to my chinchillas or it will kill them. I have found what I reach for the most is this surgical scrub. If one sees the on set of a hot spot. This will rid it in a matter of a days without any oral medications. I just put a dab on some cotton and rub it into the area in question. And it clears up. I use this for a number of things as well. It's pretty amazing stuff! Given to me by the vet...it sure is amazing. It can be diluted for other jobs as well. Like cleaning toes that are bothersome. [No longer having the toe issue with the food change we gave the bullies though]
Vet Solutions Surgical Scrub & Handwash

Amazon.com: Vet Solutions Surgical Scrub & Handwash, 16oz. Refill Bottle: Everything Else

This toy is AMAZING! It has lasted for ever in our home...even with an Australian Shepherd pup who had needle sharp teeth and was quite destructive of many of toys. [We bought the blue one it's the largest I believe]
Petsport USA Firehose Flying Disk - Toys - Dog - PetSmart

We've always given the pups these...it tends to reach the furthest places back in the mouth and helps with those teething.
Nylabone Large Puppy Teething Keys - Toys - Dog - PetSmart

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.