JUST SO STUBBORN

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
2017-09-21 12.47.57.jpg

Siu Mai is now 3 months old today and she has a bad habit of biting and tearing apart the urinary pads and even the green mat 'toilet' pad bought for her to use. Everytime I placed a new piece for her and immediately it gets torn apart. The green mat toilet was only used twice on the day of arrival and then she bites it whenever she sees it. . . . . Huge waste of money. She seems to understand simple commands such as Sit, Down and even Hand BUT she does not understand the command NO. This command seems difficult with EBs. Any advice pls?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
She's ONLY 3 months. Still a baby. And yes they sill rip everything and anything apart. Get raw MARROW bones for her size. Like the 3" long ones. Give it to her frozen. All raw should be frozen. This will keep her busy for hours. She's teething so yes she'll chew even your hands.

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
3 months and stubborn ..... well you only have about 10 or more years to get used to that haha the 13 years with my stubborn girl were the funniest and happiest iv ever had.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
3 months and stubborn ..... well you only have about 10 or more years to get used to that haha the 13 years with my stubborn girl were the funniest and happiest iv ever had.

I agree! I have had Bella for only the last 8 months and I am thinking the same as you. The funniest and the mostest stubbornest (lol) girl I have ever had!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Ya Meg is now 7 months old and takes great pride in ignoring Me , Rosie on the other hand is 2 years old and listens to everything I tell her with glee, Tilly was 4 and was sort of a mix of the other two her attitude if my voice was normal was " I will get to that " if I put My hands on my hips and changed the tone of my voice she reacted right away go figure , Meg is starting to learn that action I do now .

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Stubborn is not a Bulldog abnormality, it's a trait. If any Bulldog puppy were not stubborn I would have them to the Vet for a complete physical and mental work-up

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Ya Meg is now 7 months old and takes great pride in ignoring Me , Rosie on the other hand is 2 years old and listens to everything I tell her with glee, Tilly was 4 and was sort of a mix of the other two her attitude if my voice was normal was " I will get to that " if I put My hands on my hips and changed the tone of my voice she reacted right away go figure , Meg is starting to learn that action I do now .

Bella only listens when she wants to for sure. At first I could get her to come when I asked her is she wanted to eat, that lasted a while but then just didn't anymore. Then it went come look at this frog in the skimmer, sometimes still works. Then it was do you want your ball, that works if I can show her the ball. Recently is do you want to go for a ride. Then she'll come running. Otherwise it's what she wants when she wants. :evil::p:evil:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
All bulldogs seem to have the same middle name: Stubborn! When my pups were "in training" I used washable nursing home pads,once they started chewing the pads. The only time mine come running is when it's time,and I say "are you hungry?!" :gimmefood::rundog::ROFL:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
A stubborn bulldog sounds perfectly normal!

Regarding the puppy pads, I would say get rid of them! Going to the toilet is so very much a social thing for dogs (at least for male dogs but I suppose for females too). For dogs, peeing is a communicative act and they choose their spots strategically, and i would think it's important that already as a pup. She's young but these indoor potty solutions to me seem like working against nature!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
A stubborn bulldog sounds perfectly normal!

Regarding the puppy pads, I would say get rid of them! Going to the toilet is so very much a social thing for dogs (at least for male dogs but I suppose for females too). For dogs, peeing is a communicative act and they choose their spots strategically, and i would think it's important that already as a pup. She's young but these indoor potty solutions to me seem like working against nature!

They stay in Hong Kong, what usually means apartment building. Pee pad indoors is a temporary necessity when you stay in apartment and not in the house where dogs are outside in a moment. In apartment building you have to walk to elevator, take 20 floors down, walk through lobby...sometimes things happen! Unless you carry your bulldog all the way, which is getting more complicated with every passing day:D

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
They stay in Hong Kong, what usually means apartment building. Pee pad indoors is a temporary necessity when you stay in apartment and not in the house where dogs are outside in a moment. In apartment building you have to walk to elevator, take 20 floors down, walk through lobby...sometimes things happen! Unless you carry your bulldog all the way, which is getting more complicated with every passing day:D

OK, I see! :D Castor was actually raised in an apartment too (but we were only on the third floor) and we ran up and down the stairs or took the elevator if it happened to be working and no one else was using it! I still think pee pads are questionable as they may send the wrong signals to pups.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had many pups, but didn't live in apartment. Still had pads, as a "backup". They still learned,as they got older,that going outside was the only option. Sometimes a pad or potty indoors beats just squatting anywhere! Can't imagine having to go down 10/20 floors try to beat the pee!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
and,,, im a pad lover, but Hanks not :( I have my sons chi most of the time and if she HAS to go at night, she runs to the washroom, pees and back to bed. I've had small dogs for a while and was grateful that i didnt have to go out rain or shine in the middle of the night when they had to go. They took care of it themselves on the pad. Plus, I Had a Service dog for years, and so she went everywhere with me so when your in unknown surroundings in the dark, it was great that she would go on the pad. I realize these guys have bigger and more in that dept. but my last travel, with 6 flights of stairs, ya better believe that at 2pm i was wishing a pad was in order. We're all diff and i wouldnt want the pad exclusive for sure, but it being a 'social' event, mine have always preferred the out of doors but didnt HAVE to hold if they needed to go.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.