Thread: JUST SO STUBBORN

Country
    Hong Kong
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SiuMai
    Likes (Received)

Default JUST SO STUBBORN

-2017-09-21-12-47-57-jpg

Siu Mai is now 3 months old today and she has a bad habit of biting and tearing apart the urinary pads and even the green mat 'toilet' pad bought for her to use. Everytime I placed a new piece for her and immediately it gets torn apart. The green mat toilet was only used twice on the day of arrival and then she bites it whenever she sees it. . . . . Huge waste of money. She seems to understand simple commands such as Sit, Down and even Hand BUT she does not understand the command NO. This command seems difficult with EBs. Any advice pls?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: JUST SO STUBBORN

She's ONLY 3 months. Still a baby. And yes they sill rip everything and anything apart. Get raw MARROW bones for her size. Like the 3" long ones. Give it to her frozen. All raw should be frozen. This will keep her busy for hours. She's teething so yes she'll chew even your hands.

3. Likes SiuMai, Cbrugs liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member Beautiful Berry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Russ
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Berry R.I.P
    Likes (Received)

3 months and stubborn ..... well you only have about 10 or more years to get used to that haha the 13 years with my stubborn girl were the funniest and happiest iv ever had.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hceril's Avatar
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Berry View Post
    3 months and stubborn ..... well you only have about 10 or more years to get used to that haha the 13 years with my stubborn girl were the funniest and happiest iv ever had.
    I agree! I have had Bella for only the last 8 months and I am thinking the same as you. The funniest and the mostest stubbornest (lol) girl I have ever had!

6. Likes oscarmayer, helsonwheels, SiuMai liked this post
    Dog Hoarder Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Ya Meg is now 7 months old and takes great pride in ignoring Me , Rosie on the other hand is 2 years old and listens to everything I tell her with glee, Tilly was 4 and was sort of a mix of the other two her attitude if my voice was normal was " I will get to that " if I put My hands on my hips and changed the tone of my voice she reacted right away go figure , Meg is starting to learn that action I do now .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

8. Likes SiuMai, Manydogs liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Stubborn is not a Bulldog abnormality, it's a trait. If any Bulldog puppy were not stubborn I would have them to the Vet for a complete physical and mental work-up

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

10. Likes SiuMai, Manydogs, cefe13, Cbrugs liked this post
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

For some reason these pads are irresistible for bulldogs. A plastic toilet helps, you put pad inside and she won't be able to eat it. Very good thing, I used it. Dogs paws never touch urine, perfect !

https://www.amazon.com/Toilet-Portab...tic+dog+toilet

12. Likes SiuMai liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hceril's Avatar
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    Ya Meg is now 7 months old and takes great pride in ignoring Me , Rosie on the other hand is 2 years old and listens to everything I tell her with glee, Tilly was 4 and was sort of a mix of the other two her attitude if my voice was normal was " I will get to that " if I put My hands on my hips and changed the tone of my voice she reacted right away go figure , Meg is starting to learn that action I do now .

Bella only listens when she wants to for sure. At first I could get her to come when I asked her is she wanted to eat, that lasted a while but then just didn't anymore. Then it went come look at this frog in the skimmer, sometimes still works. Then it was do you want your ball, that works if I can show her the ball. Recently is do you want to go for a ride. Then she'll come running. Otherwise it's what she wants when she wants.

14. Likes Manydogs, SiuMai liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

All bulldogs seem to have the same middle name: Stubborn! When my pups were "in training" I used washable nursing home pads,once they started chewing the pads. The only time mine come running is when it's time,and I say "are you hungry?!"
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

16. Likes Hceril, SiuMai, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

A stubborn bulldog sounds perfectly normal!

Regarding the puppy pads, I would say get rid of them! Going to the toilet is so very much a social thing for dogs (at least for male dogs but I suppose for females too). For dogs, peeing is a communicative act and they choose their spots strategically, and i would think it's important that already as a pup. She's young but these indoor potty solutions to me seem like working against nature!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

18. Likes SiuMai liked this post
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    A stubborn bulldog sounds perfectly normal!

Regarding the puppy pads, I would say get rid of them! Going to the toilet is so very much a social thing for dogs (at least for male dogs but I suppose for females too). For dogs, peeing is a communicative act and they choose their spots strategically, and i would think it's important that already as a pup. She's young but these indoor potty solutions to me seem like working against nature!

They stay in Hong Kong, what usually means apartment building. Pee pad indoors is a temporary necessity when you stay in apartment and not in the house where dogs are outside in a moment. In apartment building you have to walk to elevator, take 20 floors down, walk through lobby...sometimes things happen! Unless you carry your bulldog all the way, which is getting more complicated with every passing day

20. Likes SiuMai, Manydogs liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaloopsie View Post
    They stay in Hong Kong, what usually means apartment building. Pee pad indoors is a temporary necessity when you stay in apartment and not in the house where dogs are outside in a moment. In apartment building you have to walk to elevator, take 20 floors down, walk through lobby...sometimes things happen! Unless you carry your bulldog all the way, which is getting more complicated with every passing day
    OK, I see! Castor was actually raised in an apartment too (but we were only on the third floor) and we ran up and down the stairs or took the elevator if it happened to be working and no one else was using it! I still think pee pads are questionable as they may send the wrong signals to pups.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

22. Likes SiuMai liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads