Thinking of getting Nacho a bed

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
So Nacho turned 3 months. Ive been hesitant to get him a bed because in the past when i leave soft things like a blanket in his crate for him to sleep on, he would pee on it and sleep on the other side of the crate. That happened multiple times.

He's already pretty potty trained, at this point he has not peed or otherwise in his crate UNLESS the blanket is in there. He pees on it

Does anyone have tips or ideas on whether it's a good/ bad idea to get him a bed?

Another thing is that he has his crate which we have now removed the door to and has an outside play pen. Now that he can step in and out of the crate, he NEVER EVER EVER sleeps in his crate. He just sleeps outside in his playpen. See picture for a better idea.
f42c7b5ed06af2ad50310de115cf8f4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I would say try it. Start with cheap ones, just in case:) I can't remember when we stopped using the crate for Koozer, but you have to try at some point, right?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Unfortunately, if he pees on the blanket or a towel... he is going to pee on the bed.

Wait till he is 100% trained and then try a towel or blanket for a few days... no pee then he graduates to a bed!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Meg now 7 months old is out of here kennel starting this past weekend .
We bought her a bed and she is aloud up on our bed like the rest of the hoards also now , good news so far NO Pee on our bed , bad news I awoke to find her brand new bed all chewed up this morn.
The Kennel still is there if she chooses to sleep there with blankets and towels the door is left open .
All are guys have the option to sleep on the bed ( it gets cold up here in winter ) some come for a visit and play time , some sleep for a hour or so and get down , Willow our Siberian Husky rarely gets up to hot for her sleeps on the tiles in the bathroom , Rosie ( bulldog ) spoons with Me , Odin ( Cane Corso ) keeps my legs and feet warm, Nelli keeps The Prettyones feet warm
When Rosie was a puppy she peed on the bed once and we had a discussion about it and it never happened again .

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Meg now 7 months old is out of here kennel starting this past weekend .
We bought her a bed and she is aloud up on our bed like the rest of the hoards also now , good news so far NO Pee on our bed , bad news I awoke to find her brand new bed all chewed up this morn.
The Kennel still is there if she chooses to sleep there with blankets and towels the door is left open .
All are guys have the option to sleep on the bed ( it gets cold up here in winter ) some come for a visit and play time , some sleep for a hour or so and get down , Willow our Siberian Husky rarely gets up to hot for her sleeps on the tiles in the bathroom , Rosie ( bulldog ) spoons with Me , Odin ( Cane Corso ) keeps my legs and feet warm, Nelli keeps The Prettyones feet warm
When Rosie was a puppy she peed on the bed once and we had a discussion about it and it never happened again .

Question; what is "a discussion about it?"

I need to have the discussion with nacho lol... He recently peed on my bed.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
He recently peed on my bed.
Oops, that discussion would start with, "get off my bed!". It would end that way too.
Despite that, he's a cute little guy.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky always hated crate mats and would tear them apart and peed on one that was on its way to the trash anyway. I bought him a small bed when he was a pup and it fits inside the crate and he has never chewed or peed on it and its over two years old now.

K9ballistics is who makes the bed and its rectangular with 3 sides. Comes with a 90day warranty also and the cover is washable. Makes sure you order one that uses a zipper to close and not a velcro one because they told me they wouldn't send me anymore beds to replace the bigger one I bought that had velcro that chunky would destroy in less than a day

sorry I got winded there but they are good beds and will fit in a crate is the correct size is bought

https://k9ballistics.com/index.php/orthopedic-dog-beds/bolstered-tuff-orthopedic-bed.html

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Question; what is "a discussion about it?"

I need to have the discussion with nacho lol... He recently peed on my bed.

umm I just told her that she just pissed off MuM and DaD and others that sleep with us , to be honest I do not think she listened to Me I think she listened to the other dogs that use the bed with permission , I pointed to the spot moved her closer so she could smell that it was hers . I DID NOT RUB HER FACE IN IT !!!!!, she knew it was hers and thats all I needed and talked firmly to her that it was not ok . I know others here do not let there dogs on the bed furniture ect ect , there loss . I have had someday,s more fun with them on my furniture and bed then outside depending on the time of year as I said winter is cold and yes I have a working furnace ! I also never underestimate the intelligence of My dogs and there ability to learn what I want of them, that said there still dogs and I give them all the respect that deserves .

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
We still leave a potty pad for Smash in his crate, along with his lady bug pillow or a towel. He only gets pee on the towel or pillow, if he was excited to come out and just stepped in it and transferred it. Have you tried a potty pad in his crate?

I want to hug the nacho. [emoji4]

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella is crated when we are not home and has never peed or pooped in it from day one.
She had one accident (of pee) on my bed when she was just home a few days. Has since slept in my bed with me every night with out an accident.
She is pretty well potty trained and will definitely go to the back door to go out but if we don't pay attention she will go in the house. If anything it's more than likely poop though not so much pee. Lol

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We've never used a crate but when Castor was a pup he had a plastic basket bed with a few fleece blankets and a sheet for bedding. Castor nowadays has a bed like this . We've put in a duvet (baby size, from ikea) and I've made a duvet cover from an old sheet. Get something that is easy to wash and not too expensive as he will grow.

Members online

No members online now.