rambunctious time

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So, my question is, Is it ok to let you dog play like a maniac, a crazy one, or is it better to settle them down even if they are just rowdy with themselves. Let me see if I can explain better.. Sometimes Hank gets these bursts of energy that are almost out of hand as in, he just runs and slides, and jumps, and throws toys and well, sort of that 'obsessed' look about him. Then he finally just drops and rests. I have occasionally taken him outside to run it off, but then he insists on shoving something at me which is sometimes ok sometimes I don't want to play so I leave him out and he immediately stops ...Sometimes I think its not good to let them get that almost 'red zone' play. Am I nuts ? well, you know I know I am, but is this wrong thinking on my part to not let him get crazed?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie sometimes runs around and gets the zoomies all by himself. He'll run around and grab toys and throw them all around. Sometimes I will then take him to the backyard so he can run around and burn his energy. And sometimes I will just take him to daycare the next day. In my opinion, it happens when he needs to release all the energy he has built up. And Louie has A LOT of energy!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Do not attempt to stop a bulldog having "a bully", "a zoomie". You'd needlessly be putting yourself at great risk. Do not attempt to join in. It is, however, OK to urge them on.
Stand clear, watch, and laugh.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Do not attempt to stop a bulldog having "a bully", "a zoomie". You'd needlessly be putting yourself at great risk. Do not attempt to join in. It is, however, OK to urge them on.
Stand clear, watch, and laugh.

Definitely stand clear, watch and laugh... it is hysterical!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I call them 'spaz attacks'... they run like crazy through a room or house. Luckily, Lambeau tends to get his when in the yard... and as others state... stand, clear watch and enjoy!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
One thing I'll add, and maybe [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] knows this too, but when Jax and Louie get the zoomies together it is even more funnier because Jax is running like the wind looking graceful and then Louie is behind him much slower and dopier. :biglaugh: I do have a video of them running around the backyard but I guess I need to post it to Youtube and then post the link here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
One thing I'll add, and maybe [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] knows this too, but when Jax and Louie get the zoomies together it is even more funnier because Jax is running like the wind looking graceful and then Louie is behind him much slower and dopier. :biglaugh: I do have a video of them running around the backyard but I guess I need to post it to Youtube and then post the link here.

Oh my God! That is so true Cheli flies through the yard with such grace and speed while Lambeau slowly comes up behind rambling and Stumblin and tripping over his own paws!!'n [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my God! That is so true Cheli flies through the yard with such grace and speed while Lambeau slowly comes up behind rambling and Stumblin and tripping over his own paws!!'n [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:ROFL:

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
this is so funny as really, I have seen many 'zoomies' through life, but never "bullies" lol Its just so strange to watch as though Hank is high energy anyway, to watch him nearly have fits while doing so is just craziness!!! I went for a loop a couple of weeks back and will NEVER take my eyes off him again when doing this, but it just seems so intense............. lololololololol or!!!!!!!! mabie it's just the effort it takes a bully to pull that weight around that makes it look intense. Anyway, thanks :) and hoping to see any videos anyone has to offer on their bullys "spaz attacks" or "bullies" :)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
this is so funny as really, I have seen many 'zoomies' through life, but never "bullies" lol Its just so strange to watch as though Hank is high energy anyway, to watch him nearly have fits while doing so is just craziness!!! I went for a loop a couple of weeks back and will NEVER take my eyes off him again when doing this, but it just seems so intense............. lololololololol or!!!!!!!! mabie it's just the effort it takes a bully to pull that weight around that makes it look intense. Anyway, thanks :) and hoping to see any videos anyone has to offer on their bullys "spaz attacks" or "bullies" :)

I was walking my two bullies last week and all of a sudden the English one pulled hard on her leash to greet someone walking by and I got knocked to the ground. Definitely dangerous walking two bullies, at least for me ! I love giving my bully a Planet Dog Orbee ball called Sol and watch her run around yard shaking it in her mouth like a rag doll LOL

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I was walking my two bullies last week and all of a sudden the English one pulled hard on her leash to greet someone walking by and I got knocked to the ground. Definitely dangerous walking two bullies, at least for me ! I love giving my bully a Planet Dog Orbee ball called Sol and watch her run around yard shaking it in her mouth like a rag doll LOL
Omg so this is common huh? !! Ive hit the ground twice now, once real bad, I got punched in the nose by his head that almost knocked me out. Oh boy fun with Bulldogs huh ! I got one of those orange planet dog Orbie balls as well… I think it's the same one it's orange? Only thing mine doesn't push down in the middle where he can carry it very well..

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It worked :) and halarious!! Great yard!

It won't be my yard for long! The new yard is a lot smaller but they'll still be able to go outside and run around.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
It won't be my yard for long! The new yard is a lot smaller but they'll still be able to go outside and run around.

I was thinking about that but really,,, A smaller yard is just pechie ;) My yard is pretty huge actually but because we are fined these last years for watering, it is just dirt during the summer and then I have to mow the stinken weeds when the rains come... sucks ;) I miss that green ;) also...... was thinking, Hank naturally goes to the outside edge of the yard and only two different places. You might, before you get them moved in, set up a 'potty' spot for them (I know Helene has a great one) so they don't start using the whole place... Just a thought ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.