Bald spots on nacho

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hey everyone! Anyone have any idea what these small white balls spots could be from? Any help would be appreciated!!
61822bc193b58e44b938b2e77a6669d6.jpg
c4419aaafad9f4a484bcdd9cbbfc272f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Typical skin infection...probably Staph...see Vet for treatment unless you want to try home remedy. Cephalexin is our drug of choice.
Nacho is young, eh...what food do you feed? He may be allergic to what you are feeding. We've found that symptoms from environmental allergies usually show up as they age so that's why I ask about his food.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Looks like what Louie had not that long ago. Is it scabby at all? As [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] said, probably skin infection. You can try treating at home with medicated shampoo and a lot of people on her use Nustock.

I had a lot going on at the time so I ended up taking Louie to the vet. He was given Simplicef and it was gone in just a couple of days. It seems to be quite common with puppies as their immune system is not built up yet. A few pups on here have recently gone through the same thing.

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Typical skin infection...probably Staph...see Vet for treatment unless you want to try home remedy. Cephalexin is our drug of choice.
Nacho is young, eh...what food do you feed? He may be allergic to what you are feeding. We've found that symptoms from environmental allergies usually show up as they age so that's why I ask about his food.

I been feeding him Merricka for the last month. Never showed any sign or alergy to it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep -- probably staph infection.

Merrick is not a bad food at all, but as with everything, even the best doesn't work for all. It is grain free.. that is the first thing I would look to eliminate, if not. also, add a probiotic, which I think you are doing (yogurt?)

Members online

No members online now.