cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
So the plan is for me to pick up Tate this Saturday afternoon from the breeder's house. I'm excited, nervous, happy, scared...and can't believe i'll be bringing him home finally! :D

It's been about 30 :eek: years since i've had a dog but i'm feeling really ready to become a mommy to my baby bully. I'm hoping that my brother will be able to go with me when i pick Tate up; the ride is 80miles one way so i think i'd feel better if someone came along. Are there any key items i should bring with me for the car ride? my friend loaned me her cat carrier which i thought i could put the puppy in, and i know the breeder will be giving me a care package of some sort for the little guy...i don't know, any thoughts for making Tate's long drive home as comfortable as possible for him (and for me!)?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am excited for you. Don't forget water. Maybe some toys to chew on. Towels just in case he has an accident. And a camera so you can post photos on here asap.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Great!!!!!!... Yes, please don't forget the camera.... LOL

L

Lucy-licious

Oohh excited for you, 80 miles is a long trip so water and bowl, teddy, towel, blanket and a little something to eat...and most important camera :lol:

traciehorne

Feb 2, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey, Otis and Diesel
AWE!!!!! There is nothing better than bringing home a beautiful baby bullie :luv:!!!!!! When we had to drive without someone there to hold them, we used a laundry basket filled with soft blankets and soft toys. We also brought along a roll of paper towels and some bottled water in case of an accident.
Good Luck!!! Can't wait to see all the pictures :D
Riding in my laundry basket3.jpgRiding in my laundry basket.jpgRiding in my laundry basket2.jpg

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As everyone suggested above and can't wait to see pictures! :up:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Yes...I think it was all covered in the things listed above. Paper towels are a MUST! Oh...and when making potty breaks...DO NOT USE THE REST AREAS!! You can pick up illness at places like that. I would stop at like a fast food place that had grass...and let them go potty...You want to protect this lil' fella until he's fully vaccinated. Which means...being over protective. Parvo is a horrible illness that is being seen a lot lately all around. And something you don't wish to deal with. So...I would not take the pup to the pet store either...just use caution until fully vaccinated. Though it's hard to not show off...but it is safer. If you do take him...don't set him down on the ground...keep him in your arms or in the grocery cart.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Sounds like your going to have a wonderful exciting drive home... I hope your brother is able to go with you, as I could imagine the temptation to watch, check and adore your baby while driving.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Congratulations! I agree with [MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION], no potty breaks at rest stops for baby Tate. I'd make sure I had a large chicken flavored Nylabone for some good chewing! Travel safe!

donuat

Feb 17, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
angus
something that has your scent and something that has his littermates scent, so he doesnt miss them too much and starts to get used to your scent. congrats

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Those Nylabone keys are AMAZING! When they reach the back of the mouth where other toys don't reach...something to think about later on...when picking up more toys.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I'm so excited for you! Bet you won't sleep much tonight! I'll bet Tate will probably sleep most of the way..Belly licked the truck window for about half the trip home then went to sleep the rest of the way.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think all the above posts about covered it!! Let's hope he gets tired out before you make the trip home and he will sleep most of the way!! What time do you go and pick him up?? Just so we know when to start looking out for the pics! ;)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
hey all, thanks for writing back!

i've got toys for him, a blue squeaky bunny and even those nylabones keys that i picked up at petsmart last wknd...a roll of paper towels, a regular towel, blanket, water, and yes, my camera is all charged up and ready to start taking pics!

[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION]--i will definitely be careful where i take him for a potty break.

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]--i'm scheduled to pick tate up at 4:30pm and will upload photos as soon as i get him settled in :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.