Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

  1. #1
    Kennel Cleaner nachothebulldog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    76
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nacho
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Is this ok and safe to give to a 3 month EB?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2134

    Default Re: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    I don't see where it says "probiotic" . Some yoghurts are pasteurized at end of process and contain no bacteria. You would get more bacteria than you get from any yoghurt by giving sauerkraut from fridge section of health food store, or milk kefir. Green tripe is also a good source of probiotics eg. https://www.amazon.com/Tripett-Green...sert-amazon-20

  3. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
  4. #3
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,681
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17776

    Default Re: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    I use raw goats milk... yogurt are OK as long as there isn't anything being added, like sugars. Dollys Owner gave some other great options too

  5. Likes nachothebulldog, Dollys Owner liked this post
  6. #4
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2134

    Default Re: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I use raw goats milk... yogurt are OK as long as there isn't anything being added, like sugars. Dollys Owner gave some other great options too
    You have to make sure you know the farm that the goats milk comes from since there could be harmful bacteria. Also, there are areas of US where you can't get raw milk at all or only from the farm directly. I don't think raw milk is even available at all in Canada unless you make some private arrangement under the table with a farmer.

  7. #5
    Kennel Cleaner nachothebulldog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    76
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nacho
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    You have to make sure you know the farm that the goats milk comes from since there could be harmful bacteria. Also, there are areas of US where you can't get raw milk at all or only from the farm directly. I don't think raw milk is even available at all in Canada unless you make some private arrangement under the table with a farmer.
    Do you think the yogurt i bought should be good?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,392
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13813

    Default Re: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by nachothebulldog View Post
    Do you think the yogurt i bought should be good?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The thing is that there is really no need to give any yogurt to any dog. In the wild there is no yogurt. I rather give the probiotics as in raw or green tripe. (All raw needs to be frozen). Stinks but worth it. If you feed any raw to your dog there is no need for any probiotics. Also in any dairy there is the lactose intolerant. Causes Stomachpain...bloating...gas... diarrhoea...Bad smell....

    For dogs that tolerates dairy... yes Greek kind is good. Dogs that dont tolerate dairy is basically the lactose which is sugar. Actually it's 2 sugars. If you're going to give any yogurt it has to be the plain one. I use to give it to Nyala and stopped that when I got DUKE. Both eating same food.



    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  9. Likes nachothebulldog liked this post
  10. #7
    Kennel Cleaner nachothebulldog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    76
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nacho
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default Re: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    The thing is that there is really no need to give any yogurt to any dog. In the wild there is no yogurt. I rather give the probiotics as in raw or green tripe. (All raw needs to be frozen). Stinks but worth it. If you feed any raw to your dog there is no need for any probiotics. Also in any dairy there is the lactose intolerant. Causes Stomachpain...bloating...gas... diarrhoea...Bad smell....

    For dogs that tolerates dairy... yes Greek kind is good. Dogs that dont tolerate dairy is basically the lactose which is sugar. Actually it's 2 sugars. If you're going to give any yogurt it has to be the plain one. I use to give it to Nyala and stopped that when I got DUKE. Both eating same food.



    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Thank you for this information!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  12. #8
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,681
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17776

    Default Re: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    You have to make sure you know the farm that the goats milk comes from since there could be harmful bacteria. Also, there are areas of US where you can't get raw milk at all or only from the farm directly. I don't think raw milk is even available at all in Canada unless you make some private arrangement under the table with a farmer.
    It is frozen made by Primal for dogs. I but it at Pet Value


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  13. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
  14. #9
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2134

    Default Re: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    It is frozen made by Primal for dogs. I but it at Pet Value


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great find ! I keep reading over the years about farmers being prosecuted by Health Canada for selling unpasteurized milk and never thought to look in pet food store. Ontario farmer guilty of selling raw milk - Toronto - CBC News

  15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  16. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,681
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17776

    Default Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Great find ! I keep reading over the years about farmers being prosecuted by Health Canada for selling unpasteurized milk and never thought to look in pet food store. Ontario farmer guilty of selling raw milk - Toronto - CBC News
    I'm sure it is the same here...

    There is another brand for dogs/cats -- I think it is called 'Answers' -- i buy the frozen goat cheese with turmeric and use as special treats


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  17. #11
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,392
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13813

    Default Re: Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Great find ! I keep reading over the years about farmers being prosecuted by Health Canada for selling unpasteurized milk and never thought to look in pet food store. Ontario farmer guilty of selling raw milk - Toronto - CBC News
    Did you know Quebec is the only province you can buy raw cheese among a few other dairy. That's because in the 50's when the dumba*s government wanted to implement no more raw in Canada, a farmer in Quebec said...PROVE IT that raw is bad. I want to see documents. The government couldnt prove raw it at all. So that is why Quebec is the only province the government turns a blind eye to the cheese they make. Also Quebec cheese are no.1 across the world and wins very often as best cheese. Even beat France. Soooo if you know of a friend of a friend farmer, buy the milk!!!!

  18. Likes Dollys Owner, Hankster liked this post

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •