Is this greek yogurt good for puppies?

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Is this ok and safe to give to a 3 month EB?
b4bc738ad7e28e25a17b123b58bef914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use raw goats milk... yogurt are OK as long as there isn't anything being added, like sugars. Dollys Owner gave some other great options too

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I use raw goats milk... yogurt are OK as long as there isn't anything being added, like sugars. Dollys Owner gave some other great options too

You have to make sure you know the farm that the goats milk comes from since there could be harmful bacteria. Also, there are areas of US where you can't get raw milk at all or only from the farm directly. I don't think raw milk is even available at all in Canada unless you make some private arrangement under the table with a farmer.

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
You have to make sure you know the farm that the goats milk comes from since there could be harmful bacteria. Also, there are areas of US where you can't get raw milk at all or only from the farm directly. I don't think raw milk is even available at all in Canada unless you make some private arrangement under the table with a farmer.

Do you think the yogurt i bought should be good?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Do you think the yogurt i bought should be good?

The thing is that there is really no need to give any yogurt to any dog. In the wild there is no yogurt. I rather give the probiotics as in raw or green tripe. (All raw needs to be frozen). Stinks but worth it. If you feed any raw to your dog there is no need for any probiotics. Also in any dairy there is the lactose intolerant. Causes Stomachpain...bloating...gas... diarrhoea...Bad smell....

For dogs that tolerates dairy... yes Greek kind is good. Dogs that dont tolerate dairy is basically the lactose which is sugar. Actually it's 2 sugars. If you're going to give any yogurt it has to be the plain one. I use to give it to Nyala and stopped that when I got DUKE. Both eating same food.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
The thing is that there is really no need to give any yogurt to any dog. In the wild there is no yogurt. I rather give the probiotics as in raw or green tripe. (All raw needs to be frozen). Stinks but worth it. If you feed any raw to your dog there is no need for any probiotics. Also in any dairy there is the lactose intolerant. Causes Stomachpain...bloating...gas... diarrhoea...Bad smell....

For dogs that tolerates dairy... yes Greek kind is good. Dogs that dont tolerate dairy is basically the lactose which is sugar. Actually it's 2 sugars. If you're going to give any yogurt it has to be the plain one. I use to give it to Nyala and stopped that when I got DUKE. Both eating same food.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thank you for this information!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

It is frozen made by Primal for dogs. I but it at Pet Value

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Great find ! I keep reading over the years about farmers being prosecuted by Health Canada for selling unpasteurized milk and never thought to look in pet food store. Ontario farmer guilty of selling raw milk - Toronto - CBC News

Did you know Quebec is the only province you can buy raw cheese among a few other dairy. That's because in the 50's when the dumba*s government wanted to implement no more raw in Canada, a farmer in Quebec said...PROVE IT that raw is bad. I want to see documents. The government couldnt prove raw it at all. So that is why Quebec is the only province the government turns a blind eye to the cheese they make. Also Quebec cheese are no.1 across the world and wins very often as best cheese. Even beat France. Soooo if you know of a friend of a friend farmer, buy the milk!!!!

Most Reactions