Smash hangin' with the cousins....

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm wondering, after this heat goes away, if I will attempt finding 'friends' for Hank. I hate to say it but when we attempted the dog park in the past, there were two boxer "service dogs' in the area and I was told they were great. Hank ran up to them and immediately they attacked. Problem made worse as dipDog Hank had no clue as to leave them alone and he was hard to grab. Freeked me out, and then the next time, I only went in to an empty park, when someone came in and I couldn't catch him and he was in hump mode. Dog didn't like that either,,,, soooooooooooo we shall see. He seems great at the open fiesta island where everyone and there dogs are in motion walking the water etc. Dogs all happy and friendly but still he was so intense he bugs!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm wondering, after this heat goes away, if I will attempt finding 'friends' for Hank. I hate to say it but when we attempted the dog park in the past, there were two boxer "service dogs' in the area and I was told they were great. Hank ran up to them and immediately they attacked. Problem made worse as dipDog Hank had no clue as to leave them alone and he was hard to grab. Freeked me out, and then the next time, I only went in to an empty park, when someone came in and I couldn't catch him and he was in hump mode. Dog didn't like that either,,,, soooooooooooo we shall see. He seems great at the open fiesta island where everyone and there dogs are in motion walking the water etc. Dogs all happy and friendly but still he was so intense he bugs!!!

Has he been around other dogs outside if dog parks? Also, if he runs right up face to face .. to a dog that is rude and not acceptable. Lambeau is the same way which is my fault as we did not properly socialize him as a pup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Has he been around other dogs outside if dog parks? Also, if he runs right up face to face .. to a dog that is rude and not acceptable. Lambeau is the same way which is my fault as we did not properly socialize him as a pup

Heres the scoop with hank.... when we go to my daughters, at first he was just puppy nuts with their aging pug. He did great after the first meeting though and is real good with her.. Amazing actually. My sons chi lives with us part time and his very good with her..................on walks he has gotton respectful for the most part, but yes, dog parks he is rude as they come. He runs up and doesn't stop till one part or another of the dog he wants to visit is bumped full force by his happiness. Yep, I'm sure it's my fault too :( at least in part. I'm not fond of most dog parks, and though I've had and trained my and everyone elses dogs all my life, I've never had a bulldog and now, in my 'golden' years, what do I have... a bulldog HA! that is NOTHING like any other dog I've lived with.. lol :) So, I've made my mistakes, we've worked them out, he's a fun playful pup (wish he had a bit of lazy in him) and so off to Fiesta Island we'll go with his life jacket on so he can play until I know someone else with a dog that will play with him. haha,,, boy, ya got more than ya asked for with this one ... lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Heres the scoop with hank.... when we go to my daughters, at first he was just puppy nuts with their aging pug. He did great after the first meeting though and is real good with her.. Amazing actually. My sons chi lives with us part time and his very good with her..................on walks he has gotton respectful for the most part, but yes, dog parks he is rude as they come. He runs up and doesn't stop till one part or another of the dog he wants to visit is bumped full force by his happiness. Yep, I'm sure it's my fault too :( at least in part. I'm not fond of most dog parks, and though I've had and trained my and everyone elses dogs all my life, I've never had a bulldog and now, in my 'golden' years, what do I have... a bulldog HA! that is NOTHING like any other dog I've lived with.. lol :) So, I've made my mistakes, we've worked them out, he's a fun playful pup (wish he had a bit of lazy in him) and so off to Fiesta Island we'll go with his life jacket on so he can play until I know someone else with a dog that will play with him. haha,,, boy, ya got more than ya asked for with this one ... lol

Lol! The Pug and Chi, in Hank's eyes are part of his pack so he will be good with them... Lambeau has only accepted Cheli, we tired to introduce him to our neighbors Cavalier and my sisters GSDs.. no go-- he runs face first and is met with very unhappy dogs. I have to get him some social training

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Lol! The Pug and Chi, in Hank's eyes are part of his pack so he will be good with them... Lambeau has only accepted Cheli, we tired to introduce him to our neighbors Cavalier and my sisters GSDs.. no go-- he runs face first and is met with very unhappy dogs. I have to get him some social training

they're ridiculous!! I do want to work with it but it's hard as i really dont know to many people anymore..and especially people who want their dog ran over by a tractor!! He love everybody, just bowls them over. We shall see. And then actually, the one dog in the park that liked him was an Aussi that could run forever and once again, i couldnt catch MY OWN DOG and had to ask if they could call theirs so i could catch mine. embarrassing!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I used to have a border collie/Australian cattle dog mix that was so fast it could run rings around other dogs. It would stand at my feet while I would throw a frisbee as hard as I could, then run after the frisbee and catch it mid air. It would do this as long as you let it, even if it was on pavement and its paws were bleeding. Those working dogs will continue till you stop, way past being tired. Fast forward to present day- my Frenchie is quite lazy on walks, even though she has good stamina, and knows I will pull hard if I want her to speed up, so will lie on ground when she wants to stop. My English bull dog is younger, but gets out of breath before even starting walk since she jumps up and down from excitement while I'm putting her harness on. She's a miniature English bulldog, so has very short legs and gets tired very quickly.

they're ridiculous!! I do want to work with it but it's hard as i really dont know to many people anymore..and especially people who want their dog ran over by a tractor!! He love everybody, just bowls them over. We shall see. And then actually, the one dog in the park that liked him was an Aussi that could run forever and once again, i couldnt catch MY OWN DOG and had to ask if they could call theirs so i could catch mine. embarrassing!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I used to have a border collie/Australian cattle dog mix that was so fast it could run rings around other dogs. It would stand at my feet while I would throw a frisbee as hard as I could, then run after the frisbee and catch it mid air. It would do this as long as you let it, even if it was on pavement and its paws were bleeding. Those working dogs will continue till you stop, way past being tired. Fast forward to present day- my Frenchie is quite lazy on walks, even though she has good stamina, and knows I will pull hard if I want her to speed up, so will lie on ground when she wants to stop. My English bull dog is younger, but gets out of breath before even starting walk since she jumps up and down from excitement while I'm putting her harness on. She's a miniature English bulldog, so has very short legs and gets tired very quickly.

Working dogs are amazing , especially cattle dogs-- they are just wired to go for hours

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

omg I almost died laughing... at yo9ur little young one wearing herself out 'b4' the walk with just excitement of the leash. oh boy! And.... hank thinks he IS a border collie or mabie more a Queensland heeler (his looks lol) and thinks he can keep up. He wont stop either so I aways have to be on guard. He has good stamina as well, but I just know not as good as he 'thinks' ....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.