Canelo and Storm Harvey

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Yes we went thru it and were mighty blessed. We got water in the garage, lost power and Internet, that's it. We did have to do a mandatory evacuation and as always Canelo was so calm and easy. When we evacuated we stayed with a friend and Canelo was so well behaved! As usual he was a snuggle bug with the kids and snuck on their air mattress with them. He seemed unphased by the storm and activities. All three of my dogs were which I love.

We have assisted local donation efforts and many family and friends have been hit hard so we are doing what we can there. I love that Canelo and my pugs loved on the kids, they had so many questions and were a little scared but for the most part they did well.

Here are some pics and excuse the blurry Canelo, he was excited.

5814d7187f0e4d56ab1086bfd1d4cc4f.jpg

94466e97e8f48de15d0926c0f65a404b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe look at them!
Glad you are safe!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Great to see that Canelo and family got through it OK. Thanks for letting us know.
and TY also for the pics.
That handsome one did good looking out for those kids.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Yes we went thru it and were mighty blessed. We got water in the garage, lost power and Internet, that's it. We did have to do a mandatory evacuation and as always Canelo was so calm and easy. When we evacuated we stayed with a friend and Canelo was so well behaved! As usual he was a snuggle bug with the kids and snuck on their air mattress with them. He seemed unphased by the storm and activities. All three of my dogs were which I love.

We have assisted local donation efforts and many family and friends have been hit hard so we are doing what we can there. I love that Canelo and my pugs loved on the kids, they had so many questions and were a little scared but for the most part they did well.

Here are some pics and excuse the blurry Canelo, he was excited.

5814d7187f0e4d56ab1086bfd1d4cc4f.jpg

94466e97e8f48de15d0926c0f65a404b.jpg

OMG!! - So glad you all made it though!! and that is so wonderful to helping out as well!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So good to hear from you!! .. Cute pictures and precious pups doing so good :) and so glad that with your good fortune, you are also giving help to others. There were a few news spots on the internet where they were showing about 5 people wading out with their bulldogs.. and so many others carrying out their beloved pets. Thank God it went that way where the animals have been included in evacs and rescues.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for checking in... we have all been very worried about our Houston area members. Good to see you are all safe and sound

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So glad that you are all safe! Looks like Canelo and the pugs thought they were having a pajama party! [MENTION=8376]Canelospeeps[/MENTION] Years ago,we had friends who had 3 dogs and we had 5, and we used to have a doggie pj party on New Years eve!:dog1::newyear8:

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I love how animals can give such awesome comfort. I also had my three parrots, I brought two out so the kids could visit with them. All the animal love got their minds off the storm for a while. Here are my parrots in their bird hotel lol.

ff48384482b759ba665e009930ab3e17.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I love how animals can give such awesome comfort. I also had my three parrots, I brought two out so the kids could visit with them. All the animal love got their minds off the storm for a while. Here are my parrots in their bird hotel lol.

ff48384482b759ba665e009930ab3e17.jpg

oh goodness! they look gorgeous! what is that one on the top bunk ;)

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
oh goodness! they look gorgeous! what is that one on the top bunk ;)

She is an eclectus and she is my best socialized parrot. She will interact with most people.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
She is an eclectus and she is my best socialized parrot. She will interact with most people.

gorgeous bird! I just looked the up so I could see better .. I miss having birds..

Members online

No members online now.