Nacho ate his pee pad!

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
I came home from break to find almost half of his pee pad gone! Suggestions?? Will he be okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Call his Vet right away and tell them what happened. He needs to be seen by his Vet and should be watched closely until he pukes it up or poops it out. There is risk for aspiration and/or bowel blockage.
Call his Vet!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Yes, call the vet now! Those pads most likely have an absorbing core which can create blockage if he's eaten them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I came home from break to find almost half of his pee pad gone! Suggestions?? Will he be okay?

Agree ... get him to the vet.

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
FALSE ALARM EVERYONE!!! I guess my wife tried to rip the pad in half to give nacho more space in the crate and did not tell me.... i apologize and thank you all for your concern! Nacho is safe and sound! Thanks again! [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew:

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] you guys got tips on slowing nacho down when he eats? He eats VERY VERY FAST! He goes through 1/2 cup of food in a matter of SECONDS! Maybe 30 seconds tops. Sometimes he chokes on his food and i have to reach into his mouth to help him:(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] you guys got tips on slowing nacho down when he eats? He eats VERY VERY FAST! He goes through 1/2 cup of food in a matter of SECONDS! Maybe 30 seconds tops. Sometimes he chokes on his food and i have to reach into his mouth to help him:(

A few options:

Add a ball to dish so he has to eat around it
Buy a slow feed bowl
Add some water to food .. just enough to cause him to lap good instead of gulp

B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus

In addition to the suggestions from Christine, you can try feeding on a cookie sheet or large casserole dish. A vet told me that often helps slow down fast eaters because they have to chase the food around the flat surface to eat it.

And so happy the pee pad snack was a false alarm!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
In addition to the suggestions from Christine, you can try feeding on a cookie sheet or large casserole dish. A vet told me that often helps slow down fast eaters because they have to chase the food around the flat surface to eat it.

And so happy the pee pad snack was a false alarm!

Never thought of that! (The pan). That's a great idea. We had to do the ball thing for a couple of months with Bella. Now she eats very slow most of the time. Thank goodness. Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
What a relief that Nacho didn't eat the pad! It has been know to happen...I used washable nursing home pads,if you need a solution in the future. It's always something to keep up with,with pups-especially Bullie pups! [MENTION=17431]nachothebulldog[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.