2.5 year old Bulldog peeing/laying on it.

bpcarver

Aug 27, 2017
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Hello, trying to get some insight on an issue i've been having. My 2.5 year old, english bulldog named Watson was previously potty trained, but we've run into some issues of late.

He's been peeing in his bed for the last 2 weeks and I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or what. I've been limiting his water and cutting him off around 9pm, we go for a walk every evening and again to the bathroom around 11pm, just before bed. I'm typically up around 7am to take him out again. This has been occurring whether its on his bed, in his crate, I lay down a towel, or even if I put him in the bathroom with a pee pad (he lays on it!).

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated as cleaning up pee/doing laundry daily isn't working for me any longer.

Best,

Brad

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17536]bpcarver[/MENTION] :welcome4: to you and Watson. Have you had your boy checked by vet, to make sure he doesn't have a UTI? That should be the first step. If all is well, then it is just a sort of "rebellion stage". Some bullies just can not have any bedding or blankets! Try just NOT giving him any "comfies". Please do not limit his water. If he drinks excessive amounts, you should have him checked to make sure he is not diabetic.If all is well, Then just give it a try with no bedding! This is not unusual for Bullies-many "owners" have been through this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=17536]bpcarver[/MENTION] :welcome4: to you and Watson. Have you had your boy checked by vet, to make sure he doesn't have a UTI? That should be the first step. If all is well, then it is just a sort of "rebellion stage". Some bullies just can not have any bedding or blankets! Try just NOT giving him any "comfies". Please do not limit his water. If he drinks excessive amounts, you should have him checked to make sure he is not diabetic.If all is well, Then just give it a try with no bedding! This is not unusual for Bullies-many "owners" have been through this.

:up: 100% agree--- ensure no UTI and remove all bedding, sone figs just do better without it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Everyone has covered what I was going to suggest, a possible UTI, and taking away all bedding and blankets. I hope it resolves itself or you find the reason for Watson peeing. Good luck and please keep us posted on how he's doing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.