How big is your x-pen?????

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Hi I am looking into getting Chevy a x pen and have no idea what size to get I am one of those ppl who life pay check to pay check and seeing as how Chevy is only 17 wks old I don't want to buy one now that is big enough now only to have to buy another in a couple mos nor do I want to buy one that is more than he needs and costs more than I have to spend and another thing is I have a pretty small house and its just me and my husband so space is def a issue I would love to hear how big urs is and where u got it and not trying to pry but how much it costs thank u all in advance

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I would love to help but my thoughts first are … are you planning on using it forever as her safe spot When you're gone ? which it sounds kind of like you might then I would definitely take that size into consideration. I only used mine for a couple of months till he was potty trained. Then I put up gates in the hallway when I was going to be gone and he could stay in there but still see the rest of the house. There's different ideas depending on the layout of the house.. he now gets the run of the house except the bedroom where I gate the Chihuahua as though he loves her , he's so heavy he just needs to bump her and I would just croak if something happened while I was gone and not know for sure what actually happened… Therefore, they are always separate if I'm not home .

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm being very distracted right now and not even reading what I wrote but was thinking … Personally I think it's really important to have a "safe place" when you want to leave them alone … I still occasionally give him the hallway closed off by gates,always water, , with access to fan or air conditioning as needed :-) and X pen in the front room would be great if that's what you have , with enough room to get away from a potty pad if you are going to use

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
this is the one we have ellie, got it from Petco
63dfaa91fe8210c4cf5a8c11c0e83d57.jpg
35b885ef1ed1819c29fe684b3166ff47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thanks so much like I said me and my huband both work OK here is my scedual I get up @3am to get ready for work I let Chevy out of his crate I feed him breakfast take him to potty and he plays while I get ready he goes back to his crate until 7 when my husband gets up for work he gets him out and he gets a snack and took out again and plays while my hubby gets ready and gets took out again just to be sure and gets put back in his crate and I get off work at 1:30 pm so I get home at 2 and he gets out fed lunch and took out and we play until 9 when we eat dinner and go out to potty our last time for the day and we go to bed at 10 and I know that is a lot of time in his crate I hate it that he has to spend so much time in there but I can't leave him out with me there he has already chewed a big hole in my carpet and eats anything he can find shoes remotes ink pens anything so I want somewhere else for him to spend his time and only use his crate for bed time I hope this gives u a little more of an idea as to what I need

3bugsmom

Jul 12, 2017
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie and Jack
I love the one pictures above! We have 2 xpens. One for each puppy. I hate them because they are lightweight and can move on the wood floors. We use them all day and deal with it. I think if you do an octagon it's the "biggest" if I set it up as a rectangle it's 6ftx2ft a square is 4*4.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I don't think its a bad schedule at all... And,, since it is going to be this way, I would get the largest you feel like giving him for his comfort. I got one similar (or same) to this IMG_2849.jpg and it can go in different shapes.. At one point I would have next to the couch length wize, and then round it out others. At this time, it's going across my front porch and used as a gate so he can go sit on cool porch, and if I'm sitting out there, can be opened and go in front yard. It has come in handy for trips as well. So, different ideas here. some much more pretty, but this worked well for us. And for it being short, it was fine cause he's a scardy cat and only once jumped up on it and it slid and he didn't like that so that was that.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
We had one of these when mine was a puppy we used it all the time as I didn't like the idea of leaving mine in a crate/cage all day We got the large size one when mine was 8wks old and it used it up until mine was about 1.5 we lived in rented up until then and it was easier then replacing anything that got destroyed once we moved mine where given the run of the house. The large one was plenty big enough and didn't take up to much room in the house when it was up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thank you all for the help I think I may have found one it is 4x4 if in a square and 30 inches high and it is one that u can change the shape you can do a square octagon rectangle pretty much anything u can think will this be big enough or do u think he will need a little more space

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I 'think" that's the size I have but just a bit taller..(though for a non fence jumper, I liked my height as he could lay on his karunda bed and see without bars..lol) ... the ability to easily change shapes is great!! If it's anything like mine, I would say 8 panels (each is I think 2 ft) was fine. you mostly want them to beable to flip and flop and get water etc and if they HAVE to, use the pad. This is just how I felt.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi I am looking into getting Chevy a x pen and have no idea what size to get I am one of those ppl who life pay check to pay check and seeing as how Chevy is only 17 wks old I don't want to buy one now that is big enough now only to have to buy another in a couple mos nor do I want to buy one that is more than he needs and costs more than I have to spend and another thing is I have a pretty small house and its just me and my husband so space is def a issue I would love to hear how big urs is and where u got it and not trying to pry but how much it costs thank u all in advance

I would buy the bigger one as the sections folds up to the size you need. Now on the other hand is like mentioned, is it to keep her safe? Nothing is wrong with a kennel thats big enough either. I bought a pen for Duke, had to tie it down around my kitchen table n buffet as he would stand up n push it around the room. Bought it for toilet training. Useless in Duke's case, its up I the garage. Wish I can send it to you. Also check the ads as you can buy it used. You're not going to be using it forever either. Just a thought.

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thanks a lot wish u could send it to me to lol jk and looking for one used is a good thought I hadn't thought of that

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thanks a lot yes it is 8 panels 2 ft a piece and I'm thinking of maybe somehow like hooking the doors of his crate to the door of the play pen so he actually gets a little more room and if he wants in his crate he can but if he don't want to he don't have to idk if it will work or not just a thought

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks a lot yes it is 8 panels 2 ft a piece and I'm thinking of maybe somehow like hooking the doors of his crate to the door of the play pen so he actually gets a little more room and if he wants in his crate he can but if he don't want to he don't have to idk if it will work or not just a thought

haha,,, that's exactly what I did :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.