Ester c

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
I have been giving Chevy ester c for a while now just wondering if there is a diff in ester c and any other brand of vitimin c the ingredients seem to be the same

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Don't know bout that..... What is your reason for the Ester C??? I'm curious...

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can give any brand of calcium ascorbate and it will be almost identical to Ester-C. It's less likely to cause upset stomach and diarrhea in dogs compared to ascorbic acid. However if you are giving the therapeutic doses of calcium ascorbate (500-1000 mg/day) it will increase oxalate excretion in urine and increase rink of oxalate stones in some dogs. It might be a good idea to get dog's urine tested if you are supplementing with the bigger doses.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have been giving Chevy ester c for a while now just wondering if there is a diff in ester c and any other brand of vitimin c the ingredients seem to be the same

Vit C is ascorbic acid. Ester C is basically metabolites which is dehydroascorbic acid and calcium threonate.Makers of Ester C will say its higher quality than regular Vit C. There is no proven facts that supports this theory anywhere. Only this EC is not as harsh on the stomach. So if you have no stomach issues, stick to Vit C. Your wallet will be happier!

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thank you all very much I I read the ingredients on both and they seemed to be the exact same and I have gave Chevy vitimin c since he was a puppy it has get immune support and is really beneficial to dogs there is a link on here some where that tells you the benefits of vit c for your dog

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you all very much I I read the ingredients on both and they seemed to be the exact same and I have gave Chevy vitimin c since he was a puppy it has get immune support and is really beneficial to dogs there is a link on here some where that tells you the benefits of vit c for your dog

Thank you :) I will look for that. I have been a big advocate of vit c and think for my dog I would want the extra stomach protection for them. I haven't added to this boy, but will look up and see if I'm already od'ing him on it already lol

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
If you give Hank 1/2 tsp per day of the Actiflex 4000 he is getting 167 mg day already, and if you are giving him 3/4 tsp he is getting 250 mg. So you probably don't need to supplement him any more.

Thank you :) I will look for that. I have been a big advocate of vit c and think for my dog I would want the extra stomach protection for them. I haven't added to this boy, but will look up and see if I'm already od'ing him on it already lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
If you give Hank 1/2 tsp per day of the Actiflex 4000 he is getting 167 mg day already, and if you are giving him 3/4 tsp he is getting 250 mg. So you probably don't need to supplement him any more.

Yes i am and i was thinking that ;) thanks :)

Members online

No members online now.