Any idea what these bumps could be?

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
There's random bumps on my dogs body. I checked him for fleas but can't find any. A few days ago i did find two. Can is anyone familiar with what this could be??? Some of these spots are red!!! :( IMG_1494.JPGIMG_1490.JPGqIMG_1495.JPGIMG_1496.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
There's random bumps on my dogs
Synchronize sleepers.jpg
That was Duke over a month ago. Hives just appeared like that for no reason. I put him back on his breeder's food but it did not change anything. It was something from outside. Started him on tripe and they slowly disappear along with his bald spots only on top of his spine, neck cheeks. Probiotics definitely fixed the hives n all. Did you feed him something new or changed his food? Any bald spots? You'll see it better in the sun.

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
View attachment 107659
That was Duke over a month ago. Hives just appeared like that for no reason. I put him back on his breeder's food but it did not change anything. It was something from outside. Started him on tripe and they slowly disappear along with his bald spots only on top of his spine, neck cheeks. Probiotics definitely fixed the hives n all. Did you feed him something new or changed his food? Any bald spots? You'll see it better in the sun.

Hes been with me a oitle bit over a week and a half. I did chamge the food his breeder had him on. Hes been on kerricks this whole week and royal canin before. Did you have to go to the vet?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hes been with me a oitle bit over a week and a half. I did chamge the food his breeder had him on. Hes been on kerricks this whole week and royal canin before. Did you have to go to the vet?

Does look like hives.... you can give Benedryl--- 1mg per pound up to 3x a day

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hes been with me a oitle bit over a week and a half. I did chamge the food his breeder had him on. Hes been on kerricks this whole week and royal canin before. Did you have to go to the vet? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I dont do vets unless its an emergency. Duke was Duke, running, playing, royal pain in the but, stools all good etc... if nothing has changed in your dog especially breathing, I personally dont see the need. Did you give him benadryl? Did you check the ingredients of kerricks? Is it the lamb one?

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
No I dont do vets unless its an emergency. Duke was Duke, running, playing, royal pain in the but, stools all good etc... if nothing has changed in your dog especially breathing, I personally dont see the need. Did you give him benadryl? Did you check the ingredients of kerricks? Is it the lamb one?

I have not given him benadryl yet, and i have to check the ingredients on the Merricks-- its the one for puppies. Actually here is a picture.
IMG_1499.JPG

So should i give him like half a pill? Hes only 8 lbs. Hes 9 weeks old:(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I didn't realize he was that tiny... i'd give him a cool bath to clean the fur and lessen the itch.

Benedryl is 25mg per pill... try a quarter pill.
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]s -- thoughts... 8lbs puppy

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't realize he was that tiny... i'd give him a cool bath to clean the fur and lessen the itch.

Why I retagged you as im sure you didn't see the weight. Im not sure myself as 8-9lb is really tiny. I cant even recall ever having a dog that small. Never used benadryl till I got bullies. Im sure [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] will know.

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho

4e84a12e2c175621353fa113748a480a.jpg

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I think I have seen something like that on Lou when I tried a new shampoo.
Is he shedding really bad?
The Vet told me to do exactly what 2bullymamma is saying to do.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Benadryl dose is normally 1mg/pound, so usual dose would be 8 mg which you could give if using childrens benadryl liquid ( make sure no alcohol or artificial sweeteners ). Max dose of benadryl is 4 mg/kg. Dog weighs 8 lb =3.64 kg, which makes for a max dose of 14.6 mg , so 1/2 a 25mg tablet (12.5mg) would be fine. You can give it two to three times a day.

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Benadryl dose is normally 1mg/pound, so usual dose would be 8 mg which you could give if using childrens benadryl liquid ( make sure no alcohol or artificial sweeteners ). Max dose of benadryl is 4 mg/kg. Dog weighs 8 lb =3.64 kg, which makes for a max dose of 14.6 mg , so 1/2 a 25mg tablet (12.5mg) would be fine. You can give it two to three times a day.

Okay, so i should do liquid? Not a pill? Because i gave him about 1/3 of a pill earlier.
1df8b638939418fb0111fb1a9e116d15.jpg

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
1/3 pill is actually the correct dose, but it's very hard to cut a pill in thirds. If he was ok with the 1/3 pill, just give him 1/2 pill next time since it's under the maximum dose. You don't need to run out and buy the liquid.

Okay, so i should do liquid? Not a pill? Because i gave him about 1/3 of a pill earlier. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170820

/1df8b638939418fb0111fb1a9e116d15.jpg

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
1/3 pill is actually the correct dose, but it's very hard to cut a pill in thirds. If he was ok with the 1/3 pill, just give him 1/2 pill next time since it's under the maximum dose. You don't need to run out and buy the liquid.

Yeah i did my best to cut it at 1/3. He had a hard time keepinh it in his mouth because it would keep falling out. But he took it and he doesnt seem bothered by it, he took it an hour ago.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.