Turkey a good snack?

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Is it safe to give a 9 week old eb turkey? Very small ammounts of course for trainning purposes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Are you referring to raw or cooked turkey? If you are feeding your puppy dry dog kibble,then probably better to give cooked or dried turkey as snacks, not in the raw form.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Is it safe to give a 9 week old eb turkey? Very small ammounts of course for trainning purposes

I'm still quite the newbie, but I would most definitely use cooked turkey, but totally plain, and not the cold cuts kind (TOOOO MUCH salt other stuff)

DO just a little bit at a time, to make sure he doesn't have any aversions or reactions to it.

If it gets his attention for training GO FOR IT!! Great job working on the training - GO NACHO!! :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Ive been feeding Nyala 5-6 hr boiled turkey since she's 5 months old n broth as meals. Great protein!!! Like [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] said, if it works for his training...go for it. Start small "cooked" amounts as yours is very young. Just keep an eye out for allergies as its new. Like that you'll know what to scratch off the list. And No dont worry as it's rare turkey is an issue. One more thing turkey is one of the highest protein so do the math on "any" meat you use as treats if he's eating more of it throughout the day. You can freeze the turkey treats so you always have some on hand.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.