FLEAS, FLEAS, FLEAS!!! URGENT HELP NEEDED!

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
HELP PLEASE!!! My 9 week old EB got some fleas! :(:(:(:(

Yesterday I found TWO fleas on him. He is NEVER around any dogs. I do take him outside to the driveway/ grass area to potty and pee but thats about it. He has been scratching behind his head and behind his ear. I have been trying to find more but I can't seem to spot any more than what I did yesterday. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! What can I do to avoid him getting infested in them? What should I do to kill the fleas (if any) that might still be on him??

IMG_1415.JPG

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
For ticks n fleas....Get a spray bottle. Add 14oz of witch hazel, essential oils: 15 drops of citronella, 12 drops of lavender, 15 drops lemongrass and you can also add 12 drops of tea tree. I use it on my pups a d NOT once they have been bitten. SO FAR lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
i also have used one of [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] remedies for bug and flea + tick and it too has worked perfectly.... cup of water, 10 drops of each Lavender, citronella, lemongrass +peppermint.. Shake it up each use. NO FLEAS!!! and this is even with my neighbor saying they are INFESTED!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
You can add other oil like you posted peppermint or tea tree as long you keep the 3 main other 3 oils. Water or witch hazel is great.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I'd put some K9 Advantix II topical treatment on your puppy montly. I'm not sure how aggressive you need to be in environmental disinfection. Definitely wash or throw away all dog bedding and vacuum home and throw away vacuum cleaner bag . Maybe someone here can comment if you have to spray yard and home with insecticide.

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
For ticks n fleas....Get a spray bottle. Add 14oz of witch hazel, essential oils: 15 drops of citronella, 12 drops of lavender, 15 drops lemongrass and you can also add 12 drops of tea tree. I use it on my pups a d NOT once they have been bitten. SO FAR lol

I will try this! Where can I get all these things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spameggsandrice

Aug 14, 2017
Simpsonville, SC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brix

I'm definitely going to have to try this. I think we have all the ingredients already.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

This works great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spameggsandrice

Aug 14, 2017
Simpsonville, SC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brix

How much do you spray and how often?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
How much do you spray and how often?

My dogs are outmost of the day. So I spray everywhere on them and brush it in or massage it in. I aways put a couple drops of lavender on the outside of their collar or the mix. Good for a couple days...depends if your dog rolls on the grass often. I keep the spritzer on the counter and in the morning when they go out I spritz a quick one on them.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
and always shake it up before each spray session ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.