tips on crate training.

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hello i brought my 8 week old nacho yesterday. any tips on the best way/ easiest way to get him to love his crate?

Thank you!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello i brought my 8 week old nacho yesterday. any tips on the best way/ easiest way to get him to love his crate?

Thank you!

WELCOME!!!! Why dont yoh put one of your old sweaters of yours in the create? Like that he'll feel a bit better as he can smell yoyr around him as we say. Also cover the crate with a blanket but leave front door a bit uncover.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Not the answer you want perhaps, but why use a crate? In my country, it is against the law to confine dogs in crates in your house. If you need to confine him, set up a playpen (much bigger than a crate) or let him be in the kitchen or some other room with a door. Good luck!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good advice above, ALSO what helped Ellie was GIVING Lots of treats when placing Nacho in there, makes a good association for him.

I have found my Ms Ellie is very food motivated so I will, LOTS of Treats to train whatever needs to be taught.

YOU GOT THIS!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Good advice above, ALSO what helped Ellie was GIVING Lots of treats when placing Nacho in there, makes a good association for him.

I have found my Ms Ellie is very food motivated so I will, LOTS of Treats to train whatever needs to be taught.

YOU GOT THIS!!
This is EXACTLY what worked for Joey also.....Hang in there, no matter what, it all gets better!

Most Reactions