Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I hope Hank is recovering well from his "snip"!

snip snip is right!! There is quit funny names he has acquired over the last few days.,., I wont even say um, but he doest seem to mind at all... He acts like nothing happened so that's good except I don't want him running his legs off and it's hard to keep him down.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION], I feel your pain! Tucker is the love of my life, and about a week ago, he growled and snapped at me, while giving me the worst evil eye ever! He was in the backyard eating cat poop, when I ran up to him and scolded him. He became angry, like he has done (unfortunately) to strangers who approach him too hastily. I decided right then that I was not going to back down, even if it meant getting bitten! I took off my shoe and attempted to spank him with it, but it flew out of my hand. By then, he had backed down, but I stared him directly in the eyes to let him know I am boss.

My feelings were so hurt! I went inside the house and cried, but I ignored him for at least an hour.

Tucker is 2, and he was also taking prednisone for a skin allergy. I weaned him off sooner than originally planned. That may have been a factor, and he is neutered.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION], I feel your pain! Tucker is the love of my life, and about a week ago, he growled and snapped at me, while giving me the worst evil eye ever! He was in the backyard eating cat poop, when I ran up to him and scolded him. He became angry, like he has done (unfortunately) to strangers who approach him too hastily. I decided right then that I was not going to back down, even if it meant getting bitten! I took off my shoe and attempted to spank him with it, but it flew out of my hand. By then, he had backed down, but I stared him directly in the eyes to let him know I am boss.

My feelings were so hurt! I went inside the house and cried, but I ignored him for at least an hour.

Tucker is 2, and he was also taking prednisone for a skin allergy. I weaned him off sooner than originally planned. That may have been a factor, and he is neutered.

aww thank you!! it's the saddest and maddest thing EVER isnt it :( :yell:. And boy do i feel 'your' pain as well. Same type of thing,,, my angry voice triggered something in him.. I almost think fear but boy oh boy, am i ready to land his butt where it doesnt want to be if it even gets close to that again. I appreciate your message.. We love them so much and danged if it didnt suck!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok, I pretty much know what needs to be done,, but will very much appreciate hearing all anyone has to offer. I know he loves me and have always thought he knows im alpha, but im guessing somewhere along the line, or his age, or his growing testicles, My 'alpha' went out the window. Last eve, when i asked him to get off the bed (he went to pee on it! in our lodge ! and something hes never ever done since adult) i very sternly said NO and told him off the bed.. His head lowered, he stared, and jumped at me like he would have bit if he could have. Not having a dreaded broom, i picked up a chair, pushed him off because he really seemed to stay with his aggression, and i put him in a corner with two chairs blocking him. He was mortified, and even when i moved the chairs, he stayed there another hour. During the night he wanted up on the bed but i did not allow. His dads immediate reaction is "he's gone!!" he was horrified! and of course protective of me.. Well, Hanks not going anywhere, i will work with this, but i do know it has to be nipped in the bud! anyway, he's nearing 17 months, has his testies but never seemed to miss behave because of them, about a month ago, he did this when asked out of my chair. so, one thing that has absolutely stopped is dads roughhousing!!!! never again with that! Also, just something both times that seemed to trigger it was my very loud voice. It was almost like it scarred him and he got protective of himself. I just dont know... Love advice from you bulldog people.

Sorry I'm so late on this... I confess, i only read the original post and nothing more

He has reached the teenage rebellion stage... neutering may help with hormones but you have to go back to basics and use nothing in life is free.

You did great not raising your voice, staying firm and not allowing him back on furniture.

I hope things are good and he is back in line now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks :) and he is doing really well, and he is still (it's only been a week and a half) his normal spaz (good) self for the most part. I find he now does more 'zoomies' these days but I sort of attribute that to the fact that he was/is still suppose to be some quieter I guess until his stitches out, but he never wanted to slow at all so when he gets the chance he bolts... Only thing that is tough is getting DAD to quit the roughhoushing. but, Hank still only plays rougher with him but it kind of worries me some. Anyway, he's being a perfect gentleman since (I don't even remember why) but I 'pinned' him and he gave in real quick and fell asleep within seconds.. That may seem a bit meanish of me but,,,,,,,,,, Seems that we are in route to good understanding :) LOove this boy to death, and he's a good kid. 'I' just needed to remember my place as well .... And, I'm glad we had it done. I just am.. I was so determined NOT to, and now that the decision was made, and followed through, I have no regrets...

Members online

No members online now.