Another puppy??

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
I need yall's advice, AGAIN!? Another Bully baby or no??

After our (Ranger's) depression episode after my husband left to another state for work, a lot of you suggested we get another puppy. At first I couldn't imagine getting another baby let alone loving another like I love him. But, I also don't want him lonely so I've recently been in contact with the breeder we got Range from. She has some beautiful babies available but she also gave me the option of having the same parents of Ranger. I could have a puppy from his mom and dad in about 4-5 months! My question is, is that too long to wait to add another puppy to our home? Ranger just turned a year old. Would it matter much if we added a puppy now or in 4-5months?
Thanks y'all! [emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
Re: I need yall's advice, AGAIN!? Another Bully baby or no??

16e2908e2e390fd9427a5dc45f6bec1d.jpg

I cannot imagine not having one as cute as this but I don't know if I can wait another 4-5mths
I have baby bully fever!! [emoji30][emoji30]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Nyala is 20 months old and i got Duke 3 months ago. They are best buddies. Nyala is teaching him well. Duke is basically a sh*t disturber. She shows him what to do. Thank god Nyala is a smart cookie.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger

Nyala is 20 months old and i got Duke 3 months ago. They are best buddies. Nyala is teaching him well. Duke is basically a sh*t disturber. She shows him what to do. Thank god Nyala is a smart cookie.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it. This is a huge decision, for sure.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16788]Ranger777[/MENTION] I think that the younger your Ranger is, the better time to get a pup. He will still have the interest in playing. If you are thinking of waiting for a pup of the same parents as Ranger-so it will be like Ranger,doesn't usually happen! I have two full sisters from first and second litter, and they are totally different in personaltiy. I would say, if you want another-get one now. Just my opinion.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I tend to agree with Manydogs as for one, the age seems perfect (hank is 1 1/2 and a bit of a different attitude than at a year) ... Also, agree with the every dog is different even if from the exact same litter but!!!!! whats cool is if you get from the same breeder, you at least know of how raised that the pup will be fine either way... Take a look and see how you feel about this 'ready' litter and take it from there. Oddly enough, there has been litters that are absolutely precious, but i had no connection (except with puppy cuteness) with so open your options and check this one and if it's there, then you get, if not, you have another on the way :) just my thoughts.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Agree with Lynn... same parents doesn't guarantee same disposition, but chances are good with him still young he will help teach and take better to the pup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
@Ranger777 I think that the younger your Ranger is, the better time to get a pup. He will still have the interest in playing. If you are thinking of waiting for a pup of the same parents as Ranger-so it will be like Ranger,doesn't usually happen! I have two full sisters from first and second litter, and they are totally different in personaltiy. I would say, if you want another-get one now. Just my opinion.

Agreed We have 5 dogs , Good to have company Me Too

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger

Thanks y'all! We sure appreciate your advice. We've decided to wait and get a brother from Ranger's parents. So in November we will be bully parents again and we are SO EXCITED!!
I do have a question (of course lol) Ranger isn't neutered and we don't have plans of neutering him until he's at least 18mths old. He's 12mths now and will be 16mths when we bring our new baby home. Will Ranger not being neutered be an issue bringing a new male puppy into our home?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Thanks y'all! We sure appreciate your advice. We've decided to wait and get a brother from Ranger's parents. So in November we will be bully parents again and we are SO EXCITED!!
I do have a question (of course lol) Ranger isn't neutered and we don't have plans of neutering him until he's at least 18mths old. He's 12mths now and will be 16mths when we bring our new baby home. Will Ranger not being neutered be an issue bringing a new male puppy into our home?

Since it is at puppy, adults tend to be more accepting of one... you shouldn't see any issues at that point and possible there wouldn't be any. BUT, keep in mind, every dog is different so just keep an eye on him when introductions take place... make sure you bring Ranger with you when picking up the new guy so they have the ride home to feel each other out and know they are now a pack.

OP
Ranger777

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger

Since it is at puppy, adults tend to be more accepting of one... you shouldn't see any issues at that point and possible there wouldn't be any. BUT, keep in mind, every dog is different so just keep an eye on him when introductions take place... make sure you bring Ranger with you when picking up the new guy so they have the ride home to feel each other out and know they are now a pack.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] thank you for the advice! I did not even think of bringing Ranger with us to pick up our new baby. Thank you!! [emoji847]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.