Zoey has not been feeling well for the past few days...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
She wouldn't eat breakfast or dinner on Thursday and tacked up something that looked like part of a beach towel...one of the towels that we put on the floor under the kennels. We washed her kuranda bed about a week ago and put that towel in her kennel. It was a worn out raggedy towel so when i took it out being torn up looked normal.

FF to this afternoon...Her Dr removed 3-4 ft of the edge of that towel from her stomach and small intestine. UGH! Doc got it all and said she did great. Nice long belly incision and a 2 week recovery. Poor girl came into rescue for the very same reason. I blame myself for forgetting that and putting the towel into her kennel.

It's been an expensive month...

Zoey on left...

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Oh no! Poor girl. I am glad she did well with the surgery and is now on the road to recovery.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You cant blame yourself for everything that happens with our pets. You caught this on time and she's fine now. Duke had in his stool plastic knobs that covers the bolts on my new swing. As if I would of thought to remove plastic covers from a brand new swing for this little bugger who eats wood for the firepit, twigs, my zucchinis, tomatoes and like yours like to chew on blankets that covers the sofa when they lay down. So much anyone can monitor 24/7. Life happens dear so dont be so hard on yourself! Zoey is fine now. Have one of your strong beers! :yes: Btw how's Pippy?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh poor girl. Glad you got to it in time before it became an issue. Wishing for a speedy recovery!

I've had a very expensive month too. I'm jealous you only have a two week recovery as I have 4-6 weeks with Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Goodness gracious what is wrong with these pups!! Give us all such grief. And you guys have done it over and over. Lord have mercy I think this one bulldog is enough for a lifetime ! I'm so glad you're on the way to recovery and so sorry had to go through this. Dang!

B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Poor Zoey! So glad you caught it & got her taken care of! Prayers for a fast recovery.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Dear Chip, wish we were perfect, life would be so much
easier! Thankfully, Zoey is doing well & recovering...I send
much love & prayers for perfect health for all, God bless!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh dear Lord, I'm SO sorry about Zoe... please don't blame yourself, Willow will eat ANYTHING that isn't nailed down I swear!!! I just found a piece of some type of cloth in :poo: and I asked my pet sitter if she recognized it. We can't figure out HOW or WHAT it was so I'm just moving on. I hope that Zoe has a smooth recovery, and you guys can have a peaceful and uneventful weekend!!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ms Zoey!! Ellie and I are glad your feeling better, and daddy you do great job, no need to be so hard yourself.

Ellies G-ma THOUGHT she had all the toys up that Ellie would 'eat' and Ms Ellie ended up with some cloth and squeaker, that THANKFULLY she threw up, took 3 weeks,and in the mean time she would throw up occasionally and we just could not figure out why, and Vets kept wanting to blame it on her "throat pocket"....

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Zoey did well through the night and has been cleared to have several small meals during the day. She will be re-eval'd next Friday and possibly get stitches out then. Her energy level is at 90% today. No pain meds yet and as long as she's not panting or showing any kind of stress we may not need to give her any. I think she will be back to normal in no time. Thanks for the well-wishes and kind thoughts everyone!
And Pippy's eye is doing great! It looks better every day and no more cone.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy to hear that all is going well,with the patients! Sometimes we all are more of an animal hospital than we'd like to be! Bullies are the silliest!
Hugs to Pippy and Zoey :grouphug:

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh, Zoey, what a silly girl you are! Luckily everything turned good! Prayers for speedy recovery are sent your way!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Glad to hear both are on track to recovery. Good job papa!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Zoey, and poor you. These guys sure keep us on our toes, I swear they are Bully goats, not Bully dogs. Lol
My guy loves eating textiles too, he eats paper towel, towels, blankets, and stuffed animals, so he can't have any of these things. But his favourite thing to eat is Socks, he has swallowed socks 4 times, we've been very lucky that he's always thrown them up, or pooped them out and we've dodged the surgery bullet. It's always been my grandsons socks that he leaves around, so now we are very careful that no socks are laying around, and it's been 3 years since he ate any socks.
Im sorry Zoey had to have surgery, but glad that she is doing better. Don't blame yourself, these guys are so quick.
My female Blossom doesn't eat textiles or material things, or anything in the house, unless it's food. Lol she s so food motivated, so we have to watch the garbage and the compost bin. She is horrible outside on walks though, she will eat anything, flowers, rocks, pine cones, sticks, leaves, etc, she bit into a dead bat in a field a few months ago. That was so gross, but her favourite is cigarette butts, which are supposed to be toxic, but she must have a cast iron stomach, because she never has any reactions to them, and she poops them out, but I still worry about the Orin's in her body, and what they are doing to her. It's very difficult to avoid her eating them, because cigarette butts are everywhere, we try to be her eyes and keep her away from them when we are walking, but she still manages to find one or two.

Members online

No members online now.