Breeders

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
I'm looking to get another bulldog puppy. I'm looking at some breeders in Pennsylvania near lancaster. I hear those areas near there are alot of puppy mills and backyard breeders. I know where I'm looking they are a backyard breeder. They raise the pups in the house.. I seen the pics she sent me. She is going to allow me to come see the puppies and pick one. What I want to know do you think it's safe to buy a puppy from a backyard breeder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Are the parents on premises? Bottle fed while Mom is out in the mill? Puppies are often pulled from the mill and Mom to minimize the chance of getting sick. Puppies not raised (fed and socialized) by Mom are predisposed to lots of problems both physical and mental. What is the attraction to this area? Why not find a reputable breeder? Contact a breeder near you through the BCA??

This area is loaded with Puppy Mills and the risk is high that you'll end up with a medical nightmare...even with a local "backyard" breeder. If the low purchase price is the attraction, then it's quite possible/probable that any money saved up front will be spent tenfold at your Vet.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm looking to get another bulldog puppy. I'm looking at some breeders in Pennsylvania near lancaster. I hear those areas near there are alot of puppy mills and backyard breeders. I know where I'm looking they are a backyard breeder. They raise the pups in the house.. I seen the pics she sent me. She is going to allow me to come see the puppies and pick one. What I want to know do you think it's safe to buy a puppy from a backyard breeder Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STAY AWAY from these backyard breeders. The more people like you buys these pups the more these breeders are encourage to breed dogs that will end up at the vet and you dishing out money for an enormous invoice. My 2 cents.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Like playing Russian Roulette, please, just NO!

OP
Rod52

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
I'm not going to any back yard breeders. I've found a good reputable breeder. Someone I should of been looking at along time ago .

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm not going to any back yard breeders. I've found a good reputable breeder. Someone I should of been looking at along time ago .

You wrote quote : "What I want to know do you think it's safe to buy a puppy from a backyard breeder" I figured you wanted to buy from a backyard breeder. If the breeder is reputable as you mentioned and you did your homework, a 2nd dog can be great having around.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm looking to get another bulldog puppy. I'm looking at some breeders in Pennsylvania near lancaster. I hear those areas near there are alot of puppy mills and backyard breeders. I know where I'm looking they are a backyard breeder. They raise the pups in the house.. I seen the pics she sent me. She is going to allow me to come see the puppies and pick one. What I want to know do you think it's safe to buy a puppy from a backyard breeder

Be careful in the Lancaster area... most are puppy mills but there are some responsible breeders in area ... ask to meet the parents

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.