Frenchie

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] you are probably the best person to ask we. We are getting a female French Bulldog this evening any tips on introducing her to our home. She met George at her house yesterday and it all went well. She is 2 and so is George and he's so uninterested in life I'm hoping a friend will be good for him. Any help would be great [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm going to tag some other members who have Frenchies as well... Congrats and we would LOVE to see pics!!!

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I'm going to tag some other members who have Frenchies as well... Congrats and we would LOVE to see pics!!!

Ok that's great thank you. I just hope it's the right decision [emoji15] George needs some motivation.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15045]Evilo[/MENTION] My dogs have always accepted other dogs. I have no plan to introduce them. I would say bring George outside in your yard to meet her. See how they do there. Let them roam,with their leashes dragging, in case you have to intervene. The only time I ever had a problem is when the rescue Frenchie started guarding me and wouldn't let MY dogs near me. That time it didn't work out, and she had to find a one dog home! Best of luck to you and George! Hope this makes him happy.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Congrats on your new addition! Be sure to post lots of pictures!

So I have a 4 year old Frenchie, Jax, and almost 6 month old bulldog,Louie. I love having the combination! You will come to find how silly Frenchies are.

So in my situation, it took just over 3 weeks for Jax to even want to be anywhere near Louie but you may not have that problem as they are the same age. Jax was not a fan of the puppy shark biting. So it might take some time for George to really come around to her. One thing I've done is make sure Jax doesn't feel left out, he still gets one on one time without Louie around. But once Jax realized Louie wasn't going anywhere, I think he likes having him around and has even initiated play himself. I would just give them both time to adjust to each other. You can introduce them outside in the front, then bring them both inside.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
[MENTION=15045]Evilo[/MENTION] My dogs have always accepted other dogs. I have no plan to introduce them. I would say bring George outside in your yard to meet her. See how they do there. Let them roam,with their leashes dragging, in case you have to intervene. The only time I ever had a problem is when the rescue Frenchie started guarding me and wouldn't let MY dogs near me. That time it didn't work out, and she had to find a one dog home! Best of luck to you and George! Hope this makes him happy.

Thank you. We intend to bring them for a walk together before we bring them into the house and then I will spend some time outside with them so she will know where to go potty.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Congrats on your new addition! Be sure to post lots of pictures!

So I have a 4 year old Frenchie, Jax, and almost 6 month old bulldog,Louie. I love having the combination! You will come to find how silly Frenchies are.

So in my situation, it took just over 3 weeks for Jax to even want to be anywhere near Louie but you may not have that problem as they are the same age. Jax was not a fan of the puppy shark biting. So it might take some time for George to really come around to her. One thing I've done is make sure Jax doesn't feel left out, he still gets one on one time without Louie around. But once Jax realized Louie wasn't going anywhere, I think he likes having him around and has even initiated play himself. I would just give them both time to adjust to each other. You can introduce them outside in the front, then bring them both inside.

They got on so well yesterday when we introduced them she was licking his face and he did it back then she just rolled over and he was jumping over her. The lady we are getting her from has vast dog experience with many breeds and currently has 20 dogs from tiny terriers to a St. Bernard and she seemed to think of all the 4 frenchies she needs homes for that George and this girl are best matched. We understand there could be a few scuffles at the start but I think long term it should be good. Fingers crossed anyway.
Thank you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How awesome! The gang gave you great advice... go fir a walk before entering your home. How the respond one place is not to be expected he will respond the sane at home ... you enter home, the George, other human then Your Frenchie. George will most likely take tome to adjust to sharing his home so as you stated -- there might be a few scuffs but they will settle in with in a few weeks.

Good luck and lets see some pictures

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
How awesome! The gang gave you great advice... go fir a walk before entering your home. How the respond one place is not to be expected he will respond the sane at home ... you enter home, the George, other human then Your Frenchie. George will most likely take tome to adjust to sharing his home so as you stated -- there might be a few scuffs but they will settle in with in a few weeks.

Good luck and lets see some pictures

Great thank you and everyone for the advice [emoji106][emoji4] pics will follow

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Congratulations, Olive, how exciting & wonderful for George (& all).

Love their 1st interaction at her house, hoping & praying for them to
be best buddies. Can't wait for pics! XOXO

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
47659757d42da64bf2f28c3a61b1ee8f.jpg
4cbc8f2cf3ed314e07d003c16a5dca19.jpg
e6f4bbeec65a61d3e9cde2e971c50a61.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working out for George I think because he is fairly submissive to other dogs in general and she is super submissive that he feels he has to be in charge and that is making him crazy. I know the last picture tells another story but that is after a whole night of whining and barking they are both exhausted. If she moves he's on top of her and he just can't let her rest in a dog bed or come on the couch he is being very territorial. Obviously while we are here we can deal with it but we have to go to work on Monday and I can't have her terrorised and separated they just bark and whine.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Maybe keep them separated to sleep... or at least have safe space away from each other.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I had a French bulldog and introduced an English Bulldog after about 6 months,both female and adult, and they initially got along really well and played together. After a while they started fighting, especially if they were jealous of attention if a stranger pet them, or if they both wanted a ball. What seems to have helped with my two is being more alpha with them, so that they don't try to be the alpha in the house. So, if I see them doing something wrong I yell at them, don't allow the more alpha dog on the furniture, etc.
WP_20170115_21_14_42_Pro.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I think it might be hard to tell after just one day how it's going to be. Remember, George has been the only dog for 2 years so it will take some getting used to. I never leave my two together when home alone, they are always separated. As I said before, it took over 3 weeks for Jax to even be near Louie. With having more than one dog, I think it's even more important to assert yourself as alpha.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed... they need a few weeks to acclimate to each other

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online