Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with everyone, give them time and do not let George get away with dominating her and being alpha, you need to take that roll. Keep them separated when you are not home, a crate is always best to keep them safe and out of trouble. If you haven't done so already please join out Frenchie group also. French Bulldog News Forums - French Bulldog News Forum it is our sister site. Hope to see you over there also.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
47659757d42da64bf2f28c3a61b1ee8f.jpg
4cbc8f2cf3ed314e07d003c16a5dca19.jpg
e6f4bbeec65a61d3e9cde2e971c50a61.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working out for George I think because he is fairly submissive to other dogs in general and she is super submissive that he feels he has to be in charge and that is making him crazy. I know the last picture tells another story but that is after a whole night of whining and barking they are both exhausted. If she moves he's on top of her and he just can't let her rest in a dog bed or come on the couch he is being very territorial. Obviously while we are here we can deal with it but we have to go to work on Monday and I can't have her terrorised and separated they just bark and whine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are things going?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Just saw this thread now. Hope things are working out?

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
How are things going?

I'm afraid we let the frenchie go back to her original home and her pack she was clearly missing them and George seems to enjoy his alone time and the time he spends with us. It would have been lovely if things had worked out I know I didn't give it enough time but I could see from George he was not willing to share his life and I didn't want to upset either dog for any length of time it was better to let her go home. I know she has a loving home and the lady was very adamant that she get her back should things not go well. Believe me it wasn't easy I cried like a baby handing her back and there are tears in my eyes now a week later it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.
George and this little girl would probably have learned to live together I have no doubt but they would not have been the friends that I wanted them to be he would have tolerated her at best and that's not fair on a dog like her that came from a large pack of happy balanced dogs.
I will continue to look for ways to keep George stimulated I have a couple of play dates arranged for him, but I am now happier that I know he is actually happy being an only child to be fair to him he lives with 2 human only children, what chance has he got!
I would like to thank everyone again for the support and guidance I am very grateful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm afraid we let the frenchie go back to her original home and her pack she was clearly missing them and George seems to enjoy his alone time and the time he spends with us. It would have been lovely if things had worked out I know I didn't give it enough time but I could see from George he was not willing to share his life and I didn't want to upset either dog for any length of time it was better to let her go home. I know she has a loving home and the lady was very adamant that she get her back should things not go well. Believe me it wasn't easy I cried like a baby handing her back and there are tears in my eyes now a week later it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.
George and this little girl would probably have learned to live together I have no doubt but they would not have been the friends that I wanted them to be he would have tolerated her at best and that's not fair on a dog like her that came from a large pack of happy balanced dogs.
I will continue to look for ways to keep George stimulated I have a couple of play dates arranged for him, but I am now happier that I know he is actually happy being an only child to be fair to him he lives with 2 human only children, what chance has he got!
I would like to thank everyone again for the support and guidance I am very grateful.

Great decision... always go with your gut and ensure you do what is best for them. ((( hugs)))

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Great decision... always go with your gut and ensure you do what is best for them. ((( hugs)))

Thank you, I feel we did the right thing for all involved and it has taken time to get back to normal George was still very out of sorts for several days after but we are finally back to the old routine now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.