Mollie, 11 years, chronic diarrhea x 1 year.. looking for advice.

Transhark

Jul 27, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mollie
Hey everyone, new here. I have an 11 year old bulldog, Mollie. She has always been an awesome dog.
About a year ago, she started having diarrhea. She's never had any GI issues before. We've had her on antibiotics, she has tested negative for parasites, tried all the prescription foods and nothing has helped. It has been a year and it's really putting a lot of stress on us...and her for sure. She has always eaten Eukanuba food since she was a puppy. We got her when where was just 12 weeks old. We have given different kids of food a try, prescripion, grain free etc. and nothing helps. We feed her rice and eggs every day now. Her fecal matter (sorry) stays of the same watery consistency. If she happens to get a hold of anything else-- you can tell sometimes causing explosive diarrhea. Vet says the next step would be a colonoscopy to find out what is going on in there but we can not afford that. She still barks for her food...walks around the house...sleeps and acts like a grumpy old lady bully, haha.

Looking for advice as we do not know what to do anymore. Appreciate all your words.

Thanks

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Have you tried giving her a probiotic? I give my bulldogs Herbsmith Microflora Plus from Amazon. You could also just give her PURE pumpkin (not the pie filling)... you could giver her a tablespoon w/her meal and that should bulk things up a bit.

At 11 years old you are obviously doing very well w/her... I'm SO sorry she is not feeling well.

OP
T

Transhark

Jul 27, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mollie
Thanks! Are those capsules? As for the pumpkin...do I just boil pumpkin?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Does she possibly have colitis or maybe IBS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
Thanks! Are those capsules? As for the pumpkin...do I just boil pumpkin?
Store, both pet stores and supermarkets sell canned pumpkin. You should try this. Whenever my baby has very soft or liquidy stools I give him about 3 tablespoons of pumpkin and it helps.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
Store, both pet stores and supermarkets sell canned pumpkin. You should try this. Whenever my baby has very soft or liquidy stools I give him about 3 tablespoons of pumpkin and it helps.

Sorry, also meant to add I add the pumpkin to his kibble and mix it in!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Since she's having diarrhea anyways, why not switch her to a healthier food? I've been giving my dog Only Natural EasyRaw Turkey, and it's got so much fibre that she's been pooing huge solid stools.

Members online

No members online now.