Boy or girl bully - why did you choose one over the other?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My bf and I had a choice between a boy or a girl because they were the last two with the breeder. I didn't have a preference but my bf wanted a boy because he thought they'd be easier to take care of. Not sure if that's true but we should've picked up the other one too. D'oh! lol.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
We always chose the males...Due to my husband wanting a "larger" framed bulldog. And the male fits the bill...He actually only had male dogs growing up so it was his preference to have male dogs. Our getting a third dog was not only a HUGE step. Not only did we go with a breed I had only researched but never had personal experience. But she's a female...Which made him nervous...but she's our "Baby Girl"...and we have not regretted having her one bit.

SHhhh don't tell anyone...BUT...my bulldog lovin' husband actually tells folk. That out of all the dogs he's ever had...Ahsoka [Our Australian Shepherd] he's more attached to. :faint:

This coming from a man who has an entire collection of bulldog items over 400 at least! Who fought me tooth and nail over getting her...And now he's always apologizing for being the way he was about getting her...and that he loves her so much.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We have always had male Bulldogs and when we went to look at Mack's litter he picked us. All of the babies came to check us out then went on with their business; Mack stayed right by us the whole time we were there. Like I said, he picked us!

Sherman (Bulldog # 1), was supposed to be a female, but when I was sitting in the grass with the puppies he spent the most time with me and there was something about the way he licked my toes...instant bond!

Ruggles was from a litter of 2 and the breeder kept his sister!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Lari didn't want a humping male dog! LOL She had many dogs and always preferred females. I didn't care one way or the other because I had no dog experience. I wasn't even sure I wanted a dog.. (boy how things change). ;) So we got a female that only humps Lari...:rolleyes::LMAO:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
never had a female dog. will get a female bully eventually. The breeder only had 2 males.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
My previous dog was female, our Shih Tzu is female, our cat is female and my wife is female :whew: ... So the Bulldog was suppose to be soley my pick of breed and sex, so I guess I figured we needed some more testosterone in the house to balance things :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Did not matter, I just wanted a bully that was under a year old. [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], Now that cracked me up!!!! I can feel [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]'s pain!! Only it is just not me, he does not have a preference. :LMAO:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]
My previous dog was female, our Shih Tzu is female, our cat is female and my wife is female :whew: ... So the Bulldog was suppose to be soley my pick of breed and sex, so I guess I figured we needed some more testosterone in the house to balance things :)

That's too funny! I used to tell my husband it's a good thing I don't like change.

[At the time we only had two bulldogs] 2 skin kids...2 bulldogs...2 ornate turtles...2 chinchillas. It's a good thing I don't like change...or I would be working on #2 on the husband department one would think.

But I can't say that any longer...we now have THREE dogs and One Pastel Ball Python.

But they are ALL males that I mentioned...until we added Ahsoka our Aussie to the mix. Now I'm not the only girl any longer...FEELS GREAT!

My mother in law told me just Friday, that they decided it would be good for "us" [husband and I] to have a baby girl...I said..."Interesting...since he's fixed...I guess I would have to go searching for myself a donor" The looks on their face...PRICELESS!!!

L

Lucy-licious

I know I've said it before but Lucy is litterally my baby girl :)

My eldest son is 21 in august my youngest is 12.
in between their births were a few mishaps
Then A few more mishaps since Connors birth, 2 of them at least were girls :(
Eventually my happiness could take no more and we gave up trying for a daughter
After a while I started talking puppy instead
always to be a girl the breed just somehow changed from bassett to bully and hey presto!!
Lucy :D my baby girl :D

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY

lmao!!!:lol:

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
the breeder only had males left, so we picked the one that was "acting" calm and lazy...lol i was wrong he is so energetic but boy do we :heart: him, and his our first and only bully for now!!!!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Chunk was our only choice! But he's perfect. I think if he get him a sibling in the future it will be a girl ... but that's not anytime soon so I'm not thinking into it too much yet! :D

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I kind of stumbled on both Bentley and Linus and they were the only ones from their litter left but, for Truman, I picked a boy because we had good luck with other boys. Too bad Truman is the :evil: ... I also heard somewhere that male bulldogs are more affectionate but I don't know where?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I, myself, have always preferred male. I don't know where I got it from, cause we had both growing up. But my first animal I ever owned solely was my cocker spaniel at the age of 16. He was male. Then I got a male kitty when I was 18. A male dalmatian when I was 20. That was in 1995. By the year 2007, my house was empty of animals and we got Vegas. Always knowing we wanted a male. Orion was supposed to be male, but circumstances changed and Orion was mine. If you know me and know O....you know that my next bulldog will also be male. She is the first female I've ever owned...and I tell ya! It will probably be the last. I'm really giving her a bad rap. I love dressing her up in pink. Love it. And I'm sure there are females out there that are lovers and snugglers. But O is not. She is a PITA. She has no time for that nonsense. Life is too short to stop and smell the roses. She's too busy...she's just gonna tear them up and move on!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.