nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hi everyone! Im new on this forum and I really would love some help with my new addition to the family. He will be coming home in about 2 weeks. He will be 8 weeks old.
My biggest concern is potty training!!! Can someone help me come up with some sort of schedule on how often to take him out to potty? Also, I work a 9-5 job, should i leave potty pads in his crate while I'm away? ANY and ALL suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!:):):)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone! Im new on this forum and I really would love some help with my new addition to the family. He will be coming home in about 2 weeks. He will be 8 weeks old.
My biggest concern is potty training!!! Can someone help me come up with some sort of schedule on how often to take him out to potty? Also, I work a 9-5 job, should i leave potty pads in his crate while I'm away? ANY and ALL suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!:):):)

Hello n WELCOME!!!! Before other members asks you, are you really leaving a puppy from 9-5 plus your traveling time on its own????
Pupps at 2months old needs to go out every 3hrs then 4... needs to eat 3x a day..

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

So are you saying that you are going to leave an 8 week old puppy alone in a crate from 9 to 5 weekdays? Please clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Sorry I should of been more clear, I work only 5 min from my home. I plan on coming by on my lunch break to check in on him daily. So the longest he would be alone would be 3-4 hours max. is that too long?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hi and welcome :) oh boy, it's going to kill you to go to work and leave that sweet one home. They're way too cute!! and, They take a whole lot of work, but I know lots do it, but I'm retired so different scenario for me. No idea how to do otherwise.. All the best, and cant wait for pictures.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry I should of been more clear, I work only 5 min from my home. I plan on coming by on my lunch break to check in on him daily. So the longest he would be alone would be 3-4 hours max. is that too long?

You kind of got us on a panic mode. :whew: I would try for 3hrs at first. Dont forget, you're bring a oup into a new environment n leaving the pup for 3-4 hrs a day. Should get him while you're on vacation or longer period than weekends. But we understand we do need to work. It's life. Do your best and try to stick at least 3hrs. I would get a pen so the puppy pads are far enough wear he's going to lay down to sleep n play. At that age they go every 2-3 hrs to pee you will need to control the water intake for the evenings.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had pups a crate and a pen crate.jpgpen.png surrounding the crate, so that they had more room to move around,and had the puppy pad partly under the pen to hold it down. I had a bowl of water(that was hard t tip over) and fed them 4 times a day at first-then took them out as soon as they ate. When I was home, I left the pen door open,and usually when they got tired,they would go in their crate to nap. When you get used to having a pup, you will get a routine. Stay calm and don't worry. It will be hard at first,since you are working, but lucky that you work near to your home. [MENTION=17431]nachothebulldog[/MENTION]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I had pups a crate and a pen View attachment 107263View attachment 107264 surrounding the crate, so that they had more room to move around,and had the puppy pad partly under the pen to hold it down. I had a bowl of water(that was hard t tip over) and fed them 4 times a day at first-then took them out as soon as they ate. When I was home, I left the pen door open,and usually when they got tired,they would go in their crate to nap. When you get used to having a pup, you will get a routine. Stay calm and don't worry. It will be hard at first,since you are working, but lucky that you work near to your home. [MENTION=17431]nachothebulldog[/MENTION]

Very much the same for Hank... The pen made it soooooooo nice (even though I'm a stay at home dog mom) as when I wasn't watching (sometimes I needed a break) he would go in there and it worked wonderful... He was also easy to potty train because of it... I only wish he still would use the potty pad (I know most don't like that idea) as we are going on vacation and will have to go out into the wilds to potty during the night if he has to go. Anyway, some good stuff here... I would definitely get the pen.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online