Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks

OK so I have noticed Chevy has these what I call sad eyes they droop really bad and my question is does this mean he is likely to get cherry eye or is this the beginning stages or does he just have droopy eyes I am a worrier he is my first bully and I have heard all the horror stories about bulldogs staying sick and haveing so many heath prob so of course a sneeze is pneumonia and a sore spot is cancer and my vet sees us so often he knows us by name or at least he did in the beginning I just love him sooooo much I don't want anything bad to happen to him and if I can do something to prevent it I am going to do my best plus he is a very special baby and he deserves the beat mom I can b I think my biggest worry is he doesn't have a voice of his own to let someone know what's bothering him so it is my job to be his voice and make sure he gets the best care possible

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
IMG_20170720_162752.jpg
If u look u can see what I mean by droopy eyes in this pic I tried to get a better pic of it but he will not sit still lol always on the go

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
From what I see in the photos...no, not the beginning of cherry eye.

Cherry eye typically starts in the lower inside area of the eye...not the outside

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thanku I have been worried and watching it like a hawk he is my first bully so I worry about everything

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Droopy eyes can be a sign of entropion, but at the moment no sign of cherry eye, this stuff you cannot miss - if it appears, you will instantly recognise it. You also can't prevent it, if it happens, it happens. So for now relax about cherry eye and enjoy your bullie :D !

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
He is a cutie, when ftse got cherry eye it seemed to pop up over night and there was no mistaking what it was.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala had a cherry eye n got it stitch when she got spayed. Yours is NOT a cherry eye. Cherry eye is "very" red in the corner or 3rd eyelid. And yes you're a worrier. Lol.. relax, breathe and when a vet starts calling you by name like a friend.....ehhhhhhhh lolllll it is not all bullies get sick. More n more bullies are living longer n healthier. Other breeds have issues too not just the EB. It's because you're in a bully forum. Go in a GS forum you'll see tons of hip issues, go in a poodle forum you'll see they have tons of eye issues n also know to go blind.. so relax and enjoy da puppy. Read this link it will help you maintaining your little Chevy. Maintenance is the key word!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Nyala had a cherry eye n got it stitch when she got spayed. Yours is NOT a cherry eye. Cherry eye is "very" red in the corner or 3rd eyelid. And yes you're a worrier. Lol.. relax, breathe and when a vet starts calling you by name like a friend.....ehhhhhhhh lolllll it is not all bullies get sick. More n more bullies are living longer n healthier. Other breeds have issues too not just the EB. It's because you're in a bully forum. Go in a GS forum you'll see tons of hip issues, go in a poodle forum you'll see they have tons of eye issues n also know to go blind.. so relax and enjoy da puppy. Read this link it will help you maintaining your little Chevy. Maintenance is the key word!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

This is so true and i remember when 'you' @hellsonwheels had to calm me down too! it helped :)

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Yes I am a worrier I just feel like he doesn't have a voice and its my job to be his voice for him so I am very protective of him just want to b 100% that he is as happy and healthy as I can make him and what is endotropian sp??

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yes I am a worrier I just feel like he doesn't have a voice and its my job to be his voice for him so I am very protective of him just want to b 100% that he is as happy and healthy as I can make him and what is endotropian sp??

Entropian is when the eyelid rolls in. It is quite common with this breed. Louie's lower lids roll in ever so slightly which seems to be causing excessive tearing. He's only 5 months old and still growing so I will wait a bit to see if it gets better, worse or stays the same. Some dogs have it more severe where surgery to correct is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

He's going to be happy and healthy but you're not if you dont take a step back and just enjoy doing stuff without worrying. I said this numerous times, not all bullies gets sick. More n more are healthy cause we feed are dogs healthier food just like we do with ourselves. Im not saying he's immuned to the world as no one is....Chevy's maintenance is the key word. Breathing n relaxing is your maintenance loll. You're doing a great job momma!!!! Enjoy!!!!

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thank u soo much and no I don't think he has entropian I remember reading about that when I was looking for a puppy couldn't remember the name but I remember checking the puppies eyes for that his eyes seem to be just kind of droopy / saggy and its not all the time just sometimes I was just wondering if it was something I needed to watch or if it was nothing

Pugaboo

Apr 6, 2017
Georgia
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Josephine
Have you noticed when his eyes are droopier? With Josie I have noticed when she's tired her eyes are droopier and even a little more pink than normal. A quick nap and all is well again, it's one of the signs that tells me it's time to calm her down and pu her down for a nap.

She is only 5 months and doesn't seem capable to just laying down and taking a nap on her own. It's takes holding her, rubbing her tummy, rocking her, until she relaxes some then putting her in her playpen. She will take a nap then, otherwise it's full steam ahead 24/7. I am hoping as she gets older she will be able to calm herself enough to go to her bed and take a nap on her own. It's one of the things I am working with the trainer on and making some headway.

T

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Ummmmm ya know now that I think of it maybe it is when he's sleepy and Chevy is 3 mos and can't put him self down either and he is also at that very chewy bite everything that touches him stage lol

Doobs41378

Mar 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Figgy
We are going in the am to have Fig's cherry eye tacked down. Trust them when they say you will know it if he has it. Most of his lower eyelid is covering his eye. EWWW

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.