Puzzle Bowl/Slow Feeder

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Yesterday I received Daphne's Puzzle Bowl. This is an attempt at a quick review.

I ordered via Amazon and received it the same day. I washed it and thoroughly dried it before her dinner. The Bowl is light weight and has rubber stopper thingies (high tech terminology) on the bottom. It does not slide. This is the large Bowl. It also comes in a smaller version.

It took Daphne about 10 minutes to finish her 1 cup of dry kibble. She seemed to work very hard at it. She never gave up. There's a reason she's fat. After dinner, I washed the Bowl. It seemed to have a lot of slime in it. I don't notice this in her regular flat faced dog metal Bowl.

Daphne had breakfast from the Bowl this morning. She seemed a bit quicker at it or else I'm just getting used to this new pace.

PROS:
Bowl is lightweight

Stabilizer pad things keep Bowl in place both on tile, pavers and wood flooring

Bowl is easy to wash

Inexpensive

Unbreakable

CONS
I'm not sure about the negatives yet. I don't like the slime issue. I'm not sure yet if this is the best Bowl for my smooshy face Darling. Will revisit this review in another week.

https://youtu.be/WwqAoOUTMu4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The bowl sure grips the floor well! It's good to eat slower, but personally I don't like plastic. They do have ceramic on etsy, but they are $45. Daphne sure did work hard for her food-it served the purpose-but she must have needed a nap after all that work!(at least her tongue did!:p)

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Fran eats pretty fast I was wondering if I should get one of these for her. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Though I too would prefer ceramac or strainless, that sure looks like it's doing the job... I had a similar one and smooshed my girls soft food against and all around the edges and worked too.. and, just an fyi, if you have a microfiber wash rag, they do GREAT for the slime! though those are lots of twists and turns for that... hum, might be a bit toooooo much!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh yea,,, I keep meaning to say what one person did... you know those bowls that are wider at the bottom with the scoop in the middle for the food.... they're real common stanless ones..... well, she just turned it over and used that way for a slow feeder... I do have one of the and flipped it over just to check it out. Looks like a great idea...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yesterday I received Daphne's Puzzle Bowl. This is an attempt at a quick review.

I ordered via Amazon and received it the same day. I washed it and thoroughly dried it before her dinner. The Bowl is light weight and has rubber stopper thingies (high tech terminology) on the bottom. It does not slide. This is the large Bowl. It also comes in a smaller version.

It took Daphne about 10 minutes to finish her 1 cup of dry kibble. She seemed to work very hard at it. She never gave up. There's a reason she's fat. After dinner, I washed the Bowl. It seemed to have a lot of slime in it. I don't notice this in her regular flat faced dog metal Bowl.

Daphne had breakfast from the Bowl this morning. She seemed a bit quicker at it or else I'm just getting used to this new pace.

PROS:
Bowl is lightweight

Stabilizer pad things keep Bowl in place both on tile, pavers and wood flooring

Bowl is easy to wash

Inexpensive

Unbreakable

CONS
I'm not sure about the negatives yet. I don't like the slime issue. I'm not sure yet if this is the best Bowl for my smooshy face Darling. Will revisit this review in another week. https://youtu.be/WwqAoOUTMu4 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also started a tread on these bowls as Duke needs one for sure. Im also looking into stainless as he eats raw n tripe n some kibbles for now. Tripe smells like whoooa...I wear gloves to put the tripe in their bowls as if it touches your hands, takes a few washing to get the smell out.. I can imagine in a plastic bowl. Your bowl would be perfect just I rather have it in stainless. The link below is a nice one but seems from tbe comments the rubber isnt stable.

https://www.chewy.com/qt-dog-brake-fast-stainless-steel/dp/132965

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I also started a tread on these bowls as Duke needs one for sure. Im also looking into stainless as he eats raw n tripe n some kibbles for now. Tripe smells like whoooa...I wear gloves to put the tripe in their bowls as if it touches your hands, takes a few washing to get the smell out.. I can imagine in a plastic bowl. Your bowl would be perfect just I rather have it in stainless. The link below is a nice one but seems from tbe comments the rubber isnt stable.

https://www.chewy.com/qt-dog-brake-fast-stainless-steel/dp/132965

I liked the one you are showing also. I decided to try the one piece plastic one because Daphne's metal bowl has that rubber ring on it and she constantly gets the ring off the bottom of the bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I liked the one you are showing also. I decided to try the one piece plastic one because Daphne's metal bowl has that rubber ring on it and she constantly gets the ring off the bottom of the bowl. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the reviews below this ring also comes off why im not buying it. There's another one the Kong. I still need stainless. Seems the reviews are better n they also have it in pink for our pretty Daphne.

https://www.petsmart.com/dog/bowls-and-feeders/kong-slow-feed-puzzle-dog-bowl-30189.html?cgid=100402

kong slow feeders dog bowls canada - Google Search

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
The link below is a nice one but seems from tbe comments the rubber isnt stable.
Those three pillars are screwed into the bottom of the bowl and there is a rubber gasket between them and the bowl. The bowl must be disassembled completely to thoroughly wash. That's a NO GO for me.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Those three pillars are screwed into the bottom of the bowl and there is a rubber gasket between them and the bowl. The bowl must be disassembled completely to thoroughly wash. That's a NO GO for me.

Oh I didn't see that. Well then....noooooo thanks. Cheers dear.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I always just added water to Banks' dish and it forced her to 'lap' the food and not gobble

Members online