Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
So I have a fat Bulldog, She is about 10 months old & weighs about 52 lbs. She lost 1 lb.

I feed her 1 cup of Fromm Puppy food & probably 3/4 cup of fresh green beans twice a day.

Like most bulldogs, she is still very hungry but thats all she gets except a few dehydrated liver treats.

Most have mentioned that I should switch to Adult food because of the calories.

I looked up the calorie count

FROMM Heartland Gold Puppy
Puppy 1 cup is
419 kcal/cup

Fromm heartland Gold Adult
Adult
409 kcal/cup

Does not seem to be much difference.... 10 Cal

If i feed her any less I am afraid if I nod off I may awake without a finger or two...

Any suggestions?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would switch her to adult food, the Four Star line, example Pork and Peas, anytime after 8 months is good. She has lost weight already, so keep up what you are doing, she can't lose it all at once.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Check all the brands Fromm makes and check the ingredients. Even though its only 19 calories difference, puppy food has ingredients that has nothing to do with just calories. It's just more rich.... which doesn't necessarily means more calories. God the french is kicking in..hope it made sense lolll ok let me try it this way..... high in nutrients= puppy vs low in calories= adult

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Take her off puppy and switch to adult food. We switch ours off puppy food at 7 months of age.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Thanks everyone. One more question.

She gets missing link, nuvet and herbsmith priobotics. I have heard on here not to give probiotics continuously.

Is that correct? If so, how often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

She gets missing link, nuvet and herbsmith priobotics. I have heard on here not to give probiotics continuously.

I give my pups probiotics continuously... my Walter has a suppressed immune system. From what I understand it's imperative to continue giving them daily...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I read an article from Dr. Karen Becker that said to give probiotics every day and that you can also switch up what meal you give them with/time of day.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

If your dog is on raw it's every other day.... home cooking it's every other day plus a multi vitamin. But if he's only on kibbles I would give it daily along with some good oils.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Thanks everyone. Raw green beans & 1 Cup of fromm twice a day

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Fresh steamed green bean or low-sodium canned green beans, and plain canned pumpkin

Now I am confused. She eats fresh uncooked green beans. I was told not to do canned.

Which is it? Is fresh uncooked bad for any reason?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I'd go with fresh GB over frozen and frozen over low sodium canned and low sodium canned over regular canned. If you decide on fresh or frozen then microwave with a little water to steam them a little, soften them up some. Already losing weight is great! Switching to adult food will melt the weight away faster. You're on the right track just keep at it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Now I am confused. She eats fresh uncooked green beans. I was told not to do canned.

Which is it? Is fresh uncooked bad for any reason?

NO CAN!!!! Fresh or frozen all the way!

Here I copy paste this for you....

Canned green beans are consistently contaminated with some of the most dangerous pesticides, according to*Consumer Reports. In fact, eating just one serving of U.S.-grown green beans a day is “high risk,” due to the toxicity of the pesticides typically used on that crop. Because those chemicals tend to be far more toxic than others,*Consumer Reports*notes that*eating one serving of green beans from the U.S. is 200 times riskier than eating a serving of U.S.-grown br

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Thanks for pointing that out ! In that case avoid the canned green beans and wash the fresh or frozen green beans in running water before you lightly microwave them. OR better yet buy organic green beans if you can get them.

NO CAN!!!! Fresh or frozen all the way!

Here I copy paste this for you....

Canned green beans are consistently contaminated with some of the most dangerous pesticides, according to*Consumer Reports. In fact, eating just one serving of U.S.-grown green beans a day is “high risk,” due to the toxicity of the pesticides typically used on that crop. Because those chemicals tend to be far more toxic than others,*Consumer Reports*notes that*eating one serving of green beans from the U.S. is 200 times riskier than eating a serving of U.S.-grown br

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.