I feel like I have a very odd bulldog...

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Another thought could be that dogs pick up on emotions and especially bullys he could be behaving for the trainer because the trainer expected him to mind and behave himself and when it is just u and him he can pick up on the fact that u expect him to misbehave with a little faith in ur bully and consistency and plenty of patients and of course as much love and affection as u can give and a little time to grow up I think u two will be great my Chevy is only three mos old and we don't have a trainer just me about 45 mins a day in 10-15 min interval's through out the day we train and he is getting the hang of it but we still have our issues we r working on doing commands with distractions the best advice I have ever gotten was if u want ur bully to act a certain way in a certain situations train for it if everyday u go out the door to go to work ur dog bolts out the door train for him to sit at the door when u go out and immediately return with a treat or if he barks at the mail man every day on ur walk train him to heel every time he sees the mail man but remember to always reward good behavior Chevy was the worst for biting he had split my lip n everything and don't get me wrong he still nips but is learning when I say no to stop I hope this helps

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much everyone for all of your advice! I will look into that training method!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up this simple tool.... 'nothing in life is free'. he does or gets nothing unless he response appropriately to your command... make him sit and wait to be fed until you release him after placing bowl on floor... no furniture without being invited. He is 'owning' you and knows you are nnot his leader. This is an easy fix, you (all humans in house) have to stay consistent and use the same process.

Members online

No members online now.